YOGEME by JaggedFel

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: YOGEME by JaggedFel

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:15 am

What mission is that? It's working for the ones I've been testing with.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:36 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:15 am
What mission is that? It's working for the ones I've been testing with.
This is B1M6-R for TFTC Reimagined.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:54 am

Okay, the problem is the HYPER buoys don't have their SP1 enabled, so I'm not processing it. That's also why they're not appearing on the map, same with the blue backdrops. So the position you're seeing for the GUNs is their SP from Region 1, which was the old behavior anyway. Looks like I've got an Enabled carrying through weird somewhere, that it knows it's there, but doesn't display.

The quick fix in YOGEME is to turn on SP1 for the buoys, I'll go back and see if SP1.Enabled is just ignored by the game or not.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:40 pm

Quick test implies SP1.Enabled doesn't do anything, so I'll rework it to always process SP1 which will take care of what you're seeing in your mission, @AngeI.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:10 am

Awesome thank you. The workaround is doing the job for now though, the ships are showing up with their entry lines.

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:09 am

Would it be possible to reset the Region selection to the default "1" in the Orders tab when you load a new mission up?

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 am

LPhoenix wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:09 am
Would it be possible to reset the Region selection to the default "1" in the Orders tab when you load a new mission up?
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised I missed that.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:06 pm

Hi @JaggedFel, I've noticed a bug with setting a background light colour. I use the backdrops button to look at the backdrop then click on an area of it to set a colour, but it doesn't seem to save it, it just defaults back to white.

Can I also add for a QoL update, currently when you switch to another ship, it defaults back to Order 1 selected instead of the 2nd order or whatever other order you were previously on. Its a tad irritating to have to click back onto another order each time I select a new flight group when making individual changes

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:47 pm

Just to add I've also noticed the hyperspace exit stuff you added in the last version seems to have issues. I've set the waypoints several times, sometimes it saves, then suddenly after some unrelated change, it goes back to a previous position. It also seems to shift what waypoint is used. WP1 is checked but the map calls it WP2. Not sure what is causing the WPs to shift back though even after I've moved them.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:28 am

AngeI wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:06 pm
Hi @JaggedFel, I've noticed a bug with setting a background light colour. I use the backdrops button to look at the backdrop then click on an area of it to set a colour, but it doesn't seem to save it, it just defaults back to white.
Hmm, yeah the name isn't updating like it should.
Can I also add for a QoL update, currently when you switch to another ship, it defaults back to Order 1 selected instead of the 2nd order or whatever other order you were previously on. Its a tad irritating to have to click back onto another order each time I select a new flight group when making individual changes
This I can add as an option, because the next person's going to ask to reset the Order back to 1, especially during the initial setup when none exist yet.
Just to add I've also noticed the hyperspace exit stuff you added in the last version seems to have issues. I've set the waypoints several times, sometimes it saves, then suddenly after some unrelated change, it goes back to a previous position. It also seems to shift what waypoint is used. WP1 is checked but the map calls it WP2. Not sure what is causing the WPs to shift back though even after I've moved them.
I tested this out on a couple different missions and had everything working like I wanted, so I'm going to need specific details as to the steps taken to replicate the behavior. Some of the values are calculated, but "virtual" WPs that don't directly feed back to a single WP shouldn't be editable in the first place.
As far as WP1/WP2 after an exit, what you're seeing is what the engine is really doing based on my testing. After an exit, WP1 is hidden and the virtual "Aim" WP is shown instead (AlliEd does not show this, but it's used to rotate the wireframes). The "Aim" point on the map is not WP1 itself, but is based on the offset from the hyperbuoys and the vector created by WP1. That said, I am seeing that the map isn't updating like it should if you type a value for WP1.
Once the exit is complete, the craft moves directly to WP2. WP1 is only used to point the craft during the exit. This is also consistent with AlliEd.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:25 pm

AngeI wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:06 pm
Had to look but I remember now. The color selection isn't meant to automatically override the name (good luck trying to get the original value if you mis-click), it copies the string to the clipboard. So if you do want the new color, you can paste it the name yourself. Prevents you from having to hit "Cancel" and losing other updates you may have made in the process.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:25 pm

Ok thanks for checking :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:04 am

So found out I had a debug check left over from when I was initially testing the exit code, so updating the WP in the main form worked in my testing but doesn't update the map's hyper points in the Release build... :kopfwand:

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:10 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:04 am
So found out I had a debug check left over from when I was initially testing the exit code, so updating the WP in the main form worked in my testing but doesn't update the map's hyper points in the Release build... :kopfwand:
Is this the reason for the problems I was having?

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:56 pm

AngeI wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:10 pm
Is this the reason for the problems I was having?
At least part of it, yes. I'll get another release out in the next day or so, then see if that took care of everything.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:53 pm

@AngeI, try this out. Still not 100% happy with it, but the "Aim" point behavior should now only appear for the first order after entering the region. Fixed a couple other things, too.

I kinda want to completely redo how the WPs are done for XWA, since region switching complicates the heck out of it. Technically you can hyper from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, back to 2, then to 4, back to 2 again, then return home to 1. That creates 3 full enter/exit hyper pairs in a region. Ideally you'd be able to see all of the exit points in R2 and have the icon/wireframe update the location based on the selected order, instead of just being shown at one of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:52 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:53 pm
@AngeI, try this out. Still not 100% happy with it, but the "Aim" point behavior should now only appear for the first order after entering the region. Fixed a couple other things, too.

I kinda want to completely redo how the WPs are done for XWA, since region switching complicates the heck out of it. Technically you can hyper from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, back to 2, then to 4, back to 2 again, then return home to 1. That creates 3 full enter/exit hyper pairs in a region. Ideally you'd be able to see all of the exit points in R2 and have the icon/wireframe update the location based on the selected order, instead of just being shown at one of them.
Awesome, thanks for the update :)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:13 pm

Hi @JaggedFel, just another couple of QoL requests. For the map briefing editor, would it be possible to have the Briefing tab remember at what point in the briefing you were at when you switch to one of the other tabs? Its a little frustrating to have to find the same point I was at each time I switch between them so I can add new stuff at the right times.

Second, it would be really nice if I had more fluid control of the map interface, for example if I want to animate a ship hyperspacing away, I can't easily just click off the map or zoom out to make sure the ship leaves the visual area, I have to then manually change things in the event list. Generally I kinda miss the way AlliED allows you to manipulate icons and text tags at will which will just update their position in the event list rather than creating a new event as you currently do when clicking a button in Yogeme.

Also are there plans to allow time increment increases like AlliED does (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 second etc) when adding an event? Thanks :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:14 pm

AngeI wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:13 pm
Hi @JaggedFel, just another couple of QoL requests. For the map briefing editor, would it be possible to have the Briefing tab remember at what point in the briefing you were at when you switch to one of the other tabs? Its a little frustrating to have to find the same point I was at each time I switch between them so I can add new stuff at the right times.
Yeah, that shouldn't be too bad.
Second, it would be really nice if I had more fluid control of the map interface, for example if I want to animate a ship hyperspacing away, I can't easily just click off the map or zoom out to make sure the ship leaves the visual area, I have to then manually change things in the event list. Generally I kinda miss the way AlliED allows you to manipulate icons and text tags at will which will just update their position in the event list rather than creating a new event as you currently do when clicking a button in Yogeme.
This would be quite a bit more involved, and although XWA briefing's work differently this is the same dialog that's used for TIE/XvT under the hood. But in addition to the dynamic stuff I could add the ability to zoom/drag the map temporarily without updating the Move/Zoom events.
Also are there plans to allow time increment increases like AlliED does (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 second etc) when adding an event? Thanks :)
Not necessarily, but I can add it to the list and take a look.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:18 pm

Hi @JaggedFel another possible bug. When I'm making inflight messages, there's obviously a character limit, but it seems to be slightly bugged here. I can reach the character limit, but if I save and reload the mission, its truncated several characters off the message, looks like 4 characters are removed.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:14 pm

AngeI wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:18 pm
Hi @JaggedFel another possible bug. When I'm making inflight messages, there's obviously a character limit, but it seems to be slightly bugged here. I can reach the character limit, but if I save and reload the mission, its truncated several characters off the message, looks like 4 characters are removed.
JaggedFel wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:30 pm
So I just tested it, and XWA will read 68 characters and then ignore anything else. Not much of an improvement.
Couple pages back, I was able to get 68 characters loading on my end. The old limit was 64. I don't know if there's something in a hook or other patch that could affect it, are you only getting 64 through?

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:32 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:14 pm

Couple pages back, I was able to get 68 characters loading on my end. The old limit was 64. I don't know if there's something in a hook or other patch that could affect it, are you only getting 64 through?
Every time I reload the mission in the editor, its automatically truncated any text above 64 chars yes.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:48 pm

AngeI wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:32 pm
Every time I reload the mission in the editor, its automatically truncated any text above 64 chars yes.
Yeah, found it in the DLL. When I get a break today I'll get a new version out with the rest of the recent updates, too.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:15 am

Alright, 1.13.12 posted.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:14 am

found an issue when I load up an existing file I don't get the wireframes on the map, i get the icons but if I load up YOGEME then choose the file that way I get the wireframes on the map.