YOGEME by JaggedFel

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: YOGEME by JaggedFel

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:15 pm

AngeI wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:48 pm
Another question though, when Wireframes are off, it shows any new ships as an X, presumably because there is no icon file for it. Where is this determined considering the briefing works fine with new icons?
The map icons are from images\craft_XWA.bmp, whereas the Briefing loads LICON or falls back to images\XWA_brf.bmp (which is based on the vanilla LICON) if it fails.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:44 pm

AngeI wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:49 am
another bug I've started to notice, when I copy paste waypoints across flight groups to create a standard layout where I can then start modifying per FG, I notice that when I start modifying the waypoints, it changes it for every single flight group I copy/pasted it to, even though they are not selected.
Fixed, v1.13.7 posted.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:05 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:44 pm
AngeI wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:49 am
another bug I've started to notice, when I copy paste waypoints across flight groups to create a standard layout where I can then start modifying per FG, I notice that when I start modifying the waypoints, it changes it for every single flight group I copy/pasted it to, even though they are not selected.
Fixed, v1.13.7 posted.
Awesome, thank you :)

Hyberon
Recruit

Post by Hyberon » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:46 pm

I'm curious about how the Cancel Message triggers work. I want to prevent a message from playing if the player has already completed the mission, so I added a Cancel Message trigger that was if 100% of the player's flight group had completed their primary mission. This didn't prevent the message from playing, even though the mission had been won. Is there some other way to go about this?

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:38 pm

Use "100% of IFF" instead, and use the IFF that correspond to your side
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:50 pm

@JaggedFel Can I bug you again about fixing the briefings when converting XvT missions to XWA? I finally finished and published both BoP campaigns, but the Empire briefings are all still quite off. I'll fix those up, but it's time consuming. I'd like to start converting the rest of the missions, but the briefing bug is forcing me to rethink the timing for that. I know your super busy, and I'm grateful for all you've done. Thanks for taking the time!

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:38 am

the_stag wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:50 pm
@JaggedFel Can I bug you again about fixing the briefings when converting XvT missions to XWA? I finally finished and published both BoP campaigns, but the Empire briefings are all still quite off. I'll fix those up, but it's time consuming. I'd like to start converting the rest of the missions, but the briefing bug is forcing me to rethink the timing for that. I know your super busy, and I'm grateful for all you've done. Thanks for taking the time!
You're going to have to remind me what the issue was, I went back and found your posts about the normal Waypoints, but I didn't see anything about the briefing?

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:15 am

@JaggedFel Apparently I didn't mention the timings, my fault. Each map screen is really short and the ships don't really go where they're suppposed to be. I think the zoom and coordinates are off as well. Not sure if it's a translation thing or it's because the XvT map is different.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:38 pm

the_stag wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:15 am
I think the zoom and coordinates are off as well.
So the zoom conversion I had different in X and Y due to map size differences, but changing the X value of the Zoom event to match Y's makes it look more consistent when compared to XvT.

After work I'll go through and push an update, unless there's something else that you're seeing.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:29 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:38 pm
So the zoom conversion I had different in X and Y due to map size differences, but changing the X value of the Zoom event to match Y's makes it look more consistent when compared to XvT.
Awesome, that will help a lot.
JaggedFel wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:38 pm
After work I'll go through and push an update, unless there's something else that you're seeing.
The other issue is the timings. Each brifing screen is really short. I'm not sure if it's actually wrong, but they seem pretty short. It could be there's a different timer than in XWA, so 10 seconds doesn't quite equal 10 seconds. But considering how painful it can be to edit briefings, any help is appreciated.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:19 pm

the_stag wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:29 pm
The other issue is the timings. Each brifing screen is really short. I'm not sure if it's actually wrong, but they seem pretty short. It could be there's a different timer than in XWA, so 10 seconds doesn't quite equal 10 seconds. But considering how painful it can be to edit briefings, any help is appreciated.
So there is a problem, though not what you think. XvT briefings are 21 (0x15) frames per second but I have everything programmed at 20fps, while XWA is 25fps. Converter does the compensation, though again for 20 instead of 21. So in reality the XWA briefings are a few seconds longer than they should be.

Playback speed within YOGEME will vary some; that's just the nature of the timer I'm using and what it's doing each tick. Even the default 45s length of a blank mission in XvT or XWA I'm measuring at 53s in YOGEME, but I'm measuring the correct times in-game compared to what YOGEME says it should be (after I fixed the XvT framerate). That may be where you get the feeling of it being faster; if you compare in-game time to YOGEME real time, then yes that's probably true, however the XWA in-game time should line up almost exactly to the *values* of the times shown in YOGEME. XvT is running slightly faster than what YOGEME says it should due to the framerate error, but that'll line up once I get the fix rolled in.

So, there's another edit to Converter for that aspect, and there'll be an update to the Platform.dll for the general framerate issue.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:25 pm

Okay, so Platform and Converter are updated, grab those and replace what's in your YOGEME directory and you should be all set. I'll re-release the current YOGEME with the fixes a little later.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:08 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:25 pm
Okay, so Platform and Converter are updated, grab those and replace what's in your YOGEME directory and you should be all set. I'll re-release the current YOGEME with the fixes a little later.
Wonderful! I can't wait to try it out.

Based on your excellent description of the briefing timings, I'll probably have to change the timings anyways as they still may be too fast for voice overs. But now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:32 am

@JaggedFel I'm curious regarding the Unknowns tab. What's the point of actually having the tab really if we don't know what any of the options do (if anything)? Presumably if we decipher their eventual purpose or something else? It just seems a bit pointless to actually have this tab (for public consumption anyway) if it serves no purpose currently.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:32 pm

Many of those values were editable in other programs, so I didn't want to "remove" functionality by hiding them. Over the years we have discovered what some of them are, so I'll update to rename them accordingly, but the old editors will forever have them as unknowns.

Some of the unknowns in the past have been mixed in with where they're located (Arr/Dep, goals, etc), but I wanted them separated out so if you weren't explicitly going to mess with them they're out of the way. Having them accessible also allows us to tinker and try to figure out their purpose.

[Edit] Also, if I remember right I only included unknowns that were either previously editable or have nonzero values in at least one mission, not just every gap.

Hyberon
Recruit

Post by Hyberon » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:40 am

@JaggedFel I've been trying to use the S-Foils hook through Yogeme to force the s-foils of certain flight groups to remain closed, but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried this with both X-wings and U-wings, but they always open their s-foils as soon as they emerge from hyperspace. Yogeme adds "fg, 4, close_SFoils, 1" etc to the mission .ini file... is Yogeme's formating wrong, or is this a problem with the hook itself being broken?

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:20 am

Hyberon wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:40 am
@JaggedFel I've been trying to use the S-Foils hook through Yogeme to force the s-foils of certain flight groups to remain closed, but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried this with both X-wings and U-wings, but they always open their s-foils as soon as they emerge from hyperspace. Yogeme adds "fg, 4, close_SFoils, 1" etc to the mission .ini file... is Yogeme's formating wrong, or is this a problem with the hook itself being broken?
Compare the output to the hook Readme and see if it matches up. The line you listed looks fine, though I don't know what else you have in your INI. There's been a lot of updates to various hooks and I haven't been able to roll them in yet, though S-foils isn't on my list to work on.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:03 am

Hi @JaggedFel three things for you.

First, would it be possible to have a clearer indication on the FG list what region start each FG is assigned in the main Yogeme window? In the map view (and in AlliED) its immediately obvious due to the FG being greyed out which is a nice visual distinction. Perhaps adding a filter that you can enable to show something similar when regions are selected or some other data point in the FG name (R1 for example)? Basically it just makes it easier to show what ships are in what region.

Second, when messing with the yaw/pitch/rotation axis in waypoints for a flight group, it doesn't seem to work, there's no change to a ships angle. However when I opened AlliED and checked, this WAS applied and on the map there it shows. I tried to reload the mission in Yogeme but it still does not show it applied.

Third, I'm just curious how the next major version is getting on with regards to hyper to region waypoints/positioning in the Yogeme map. Thanks :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:24 am

AngeI wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:03 am
First, would it be possible to have a clearer indication on the FG list what region start each FG is assigned in the main Yogeme window? In the map view (and in AlliED) its immediately obvious due to the FG being greyed out which is a nice visual distinction. Perhaps adding a filter that you can enable to show something similar when regions are selected or some other data point in the FG name (R1 for example)? Basically it just makes it easier to show what ships are in what region.
I don't like the idea of yet another text indicator, that can already get pretty long. So I'll probably do a checkbox to enable the shading with a region selector underneath the FG list.
Second, when messing with the yaw/pitch/rotation axis in waypoints for a flight group, it doesn't seem to work, there's no change to a ships angle. However when I opened AlliED and checked, this WAS applied and on the map there it shows. I tried to reload the mission in Yogeme but it still does not show it applied.
I'll look into it, it's supposed to work.
Third, I'm just curious how the next major version is getting on with regards to hyper to region waypoints/positioning in the Yogeme map. Thanks :)
I've got the points themselves working so the ships appear in the correct locations, but I'm still trying to get everything else like selection, traces, etc to switch over appropriately, and update without having to close the map and reopen it.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:00 am

Okay, I think I've gotten everything I need to sorted with regards to the hyper points. It's pretty wild to drag around just the exit buoy and see the whole fleet formation shift around.

Still need to fix the wireframe rotations.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:38 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:00 am
Okay, I think I've gotten everything I need to sorted with regards to the hyper points. It's pretty wild to drag around just the exit buoy and see the whole fleet formation shift around.

Still need to fix the wireframe rotations.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:12 am

AngeI wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:03 am
Okay, so it does process the rotations, but if WP 1 is enabled for the first order then it points there instead. This only defines the starting point, not all of the individual waypoints, so working as intended. In AlliED if you enable WP1, then the rotation buttons are disabled since they're ignored. In fact I'm not seeing AlliED apply the real angles, as it's rounding to multiples of 90 instead of the real angle value.

AlliED and XWA apply the Roll regardless of WP1 though, so that's fixed now.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:38 am

Alright, 1.13.10 posted, has the wireframe roll fixed, hyper exit points, and various updates for TIE.

You can't drag the exit points themselves, since they're calculated based on the buoys and WP1, but you can drag the "Aim" point since that's directly related to WP1. Dragging the buoys will also affect every FG associated to it, so be aware of that. @AngeI, give it a spin, let me know how it handles for you.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:22 pm

Hi, ok I only just noticed this (and I was even talking on a live stream this evening about this point!). I will try it out tomorrow and give you some feedback, thank you @JaggedFel !

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:54 am

Hmm thought I posted my message the other day but apparently not! @JaggedFel So I'm not sure if I'm missing something or doing something wrong perhaps, but I can't see that the ship exit positions are correct still. Currently it seems for me the exit position icons are blank/missing but when you select them, they are clearly still in the wrong position. Here is a comparison of what it looks likein AlliED vs Yogeme.

AlliED
allied.png
Yogeme
Yogeme.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.