YOGEME by JaggedFel

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: YOGEME by JaggedFel

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:12 am

Excellent! I've thought of another quality of life thing that I think would be very useful. As you know having the wireframes on in map view makes it very laggy to use and yet its also very useful for making sure things are aligned or aren't clipping through each other. However currently in order to turn wireframes on or off, I have to go into the options to do it. While I certainly see no need to add all the wireframes options in the map view, perhaps just a couple of checkboxes for turning the wireframes on or off and the ships smaller than xx meters into icons could be placed in the map view so it can just be switched on and off with minimal fuss?

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:20 pm

Alright, on the list.
AngeI wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:31 pm
Bug?: I can't get YOGEME to read the TFTCPlanet.dat file for backdrops so I assume I might be doing something wrong here perhaps? (Error reading DAT file from RESDATA.TXT). I have tried to put the file in Resdata but the error still happens. Normally I just define this file in a specific mission.INI file rather than through Resdata. When I click on backdrops actually, it triggers several DAT read errors, not just this.
Missed this the first time. I'll need to replicate what you have; what files you're using, where they are, how the mission.ini is setup, etc. I know my DAT library can't handle the new 25C format yet, so I would expect some bad behavior if you're using those.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:20 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:20 pm
Alright, on the list.
AngeI wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:31 pm
Bug?: I can't get YOGEME to read the TFTCPlanet.dat file for backdrops so I assume I might be doing something wrong here perhaps? (Error reading DAT file from RESDATA.TXT). I have tried to put the file in Resdata but the error still happens. Normally I just define this file in a specific mission.INI file rather than through Resdata. When I click on backdrops actually, it triggers several DAT read errors, not just this.
Missed this the first time. I'll need to replicate what you have; what files you're using, where they are, how the mission.ini is setup, etc. I know my DAT library can't handle the new 25C format yet, so I would expect some bad behavior if you're using those.
I actually get multiple DAT errors when I click on this (4-5) and only one of them is using the 25C format. The replicate, just have a copy of XWA with XWAU/TFTC installed.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:41 pm

Alright, I've got the list of ones throwing errors, thankfully it's all ShipStuff so they're not important here but I'll still look into why they're complaining. PlanetTFTC.dat seems to be loading for me fine via the hook and via RESDATA.TXT, all 60 replaced. Loaded the new NebulaTFTC and GalaxyTFTC fine, too.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:52 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:41 pm
Alright, I've got the list of ones throwing errors, thankfully it's all ShipStuff so they're not important here but I'll still look into why they're complaining. PlanetTFTC.dat seems to be loading for me fine via the hook and via RESDATA.TXT, all 60 replaced. Loaded the new NebulaTFTC and GalaxyTFTC fine, too.
So for me then, PlanetTFTC.dat is probably not loading because of the 25C format update (its now a 250MB file instead of 2GB) :D

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:40 pm

AngeI wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:52 pm
So for me then, PlanetTFTC.dat is probably not loading because of the 25C format update (its now a 250MB file instead of 2GB) :D
Ah, okay. I've been looking at 25C, just haven't had the time to implement.

As for the others, they're listed in RESDATA but the files are missing, hence the failure messages:
ShipStuffCorGun, ShipStuffFalcon, ShipStuffFreightK, ShipStuffLuxury, ShipStuffPursuer, ShipStuffShuttle, ShipStuffSlave2, ShipStuffTD, ShipStuffYwing.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:56 am

@Angel, can you send me the 25C file you're using, or if you have it posted somewhere point me to the link? I need to test out the implementation on my end against a known working file.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:11 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:56 am
@Angel, can you send me the 25C file you're using, or if you have it posted somewhere point me to the link? I need to test out the implementation on my end against a known working file.
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vks0gM ... sp=sharing

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:25 pm

Got it, thanks.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:19 am

Wow, that's quite noticeable just in the used RAM when the DAT file is loaded. Takes longer to open of course, but memory usage just within the library is cut in half since the raw data's compressed.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:19 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:19 am
Wow, that's quite noticeable just in the used RAM when the DAT file is loaded. Takes longer to open of course, but memory usage just within the library is cut in half since the raw data's compressed.
Yup and it also means I don't have to create new DAT files once I hit the 2GB limit (which I did). Now I can put everything I need into the one file. The only gameplay difference I noticed is missions take a bit longer to load up in the load screen.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:04 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:19 am
That's interesting info. We had noticed a much larger loading time but if it's using less memory then that could be worth the compromise.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 am

Bug Report in relation to AlliED. Though I'm largely using Yogeme now, I still have a habit to load up AlliED to do a quick look at things or quick fixes. I noticed in one of my new missions, all the mission briefing/debriefing/hints texts are blank in AlliED but are fine in Yogeme and work in-game too. It seems AlliED isn't pulling the text information from the mission? I inputted all the text into Yogeme and saved before I ever opened AlliED on this. Map briefings and message texts are still fine.
yogeme1.png
allied1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:05 pm

AngeI wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 am
I noticed in one of my new missions, all the mission briefing/debriefing/hints texts are blank in AlliED but are fine in Yogeme and work in-game too.
Hmm. Since XWA is acting properly that'll make testing harder, but since there's nothing after those I would work backwards to see if anything else isn't coming over:
Order strings
Global Goal strings
Flightgroup Goal strings
Mission Description notes
Team End of Mission Message notes
In-flight Message notes
Briefing string notes
Editor notes

Does your mission exceed the vanilla limits for FG or Message count?

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:01 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:05 pm
AngeI wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 am
I noticed in one of my new missions, all the mission briefing/debriefing/hints texts are blank in AlliED but are fine in Yogeme and work in-game too.
Hmm. Since XWA is acting properly that'll make testing harder, but since there's nothing after those I would work backwards to see if anything else isn't coming over:
Order strings
Global Goal strings
Flightgroup Goal strings
Mission Description notes
Team End of Mission Message notes
In-flight Message notes
Briefing string notes
Editor notes

Does your mission exceed the vanilla limits for FG or Message count?
I'll check on these and get back to you, but at a glance I've not noticed anything else missing from AlliED that was in Yogeme. As far as I can tell, this LST file is not in use by any other program (Its not open in AlliED or Notepad).

I have however encountered another bug when attempting to save a WAV file:
yogeme2.png

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Games\XWA Copies\TFTC v1.2\Wave\MissionVoice\1b4m2tftc-R.LST' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at Idmr.Yogeme.XwaWavForm.cmdSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
YOGEME
    Assembly Version: 1.13.8074.37933
    Win32 Version: 1.13.8074.37933
    CodeBase: file:///F:/XWA%20Resources/YOGEME/YOGEME.exe
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Idmr.Platform
    Assembly Version: 5.7.1.32765
    Win32 Version: 5.7.1.32765
    CodeBase: file:///F:/XWA%20Resources/YOGEME/bin/Idmr.Platform.DLL
Idmr.Common
    Assembly Version: 1.3.1.29352
    Win32 Version: 1.3.1.29352
    CodeBase: file:///F:/XWA%20Resources/YOGEME/bin/Idmr.Common.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:03 pm

Just to add quickly, I made a blank mission and simply added text to the brief/debrief/hints. In Allied, the brief/debrief text shows up, the hints does not and remains blank.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:20 pm

Alright, I'll play around.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:26 pm

Me again. I've noted another thing. In the Briefing Emblem drop down under mission, its missing the ability to choose the extra 4 insignia you can possibly choose (allowing 8 total). This is defined as !STR_SQUAD1! tp !STR_SQUAD4! in FRONTTXT.txt and the CBM files can be found in Frontres/Tour and can be named Squad5 to Squad8.cbm (5 and 6 are present in XWAU/TFTC).

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:06 am

AngeI wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:26 pm
Me again. I've noted another thing. In the Briefing Emblem drop down under mission, its missing the ability to choose the extra 4 insignia you can possibly choose (allowing 8 total). This is defined as !STR_SQUAD1! tp !STR_SQUAD4! in FRONTTXT.txt and the CBM files can be found in Frontres/Tour and can be named Squad5 to Squad8.cbm (5 and 6 are present in XWAU/TFTC).
Easy enough, added using the default FRONTTXT names. Also found an instance of 0xC being used in 1B0M5FW, which means the possibility of something else.
Grab the new Platform.dll, drop that in and you should be set.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 pm

Can you look at the convertor tool if you get a chance? When I try and convert missions from XvT:BoP to XWA, the waypoints are all off. Starting points and hyperspace are ok, but the rest are all off. This has been the case for a while, but I thought it was something I did to break it. But with a fresh install and no changes except for install patch v5, it's still happening.

Thanks!

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:55 pm

Does Yogeme not reference the current Licons file or does it use its own for the map briefing icons? I only ask because TFTC has its own versions of the map briefing icons.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:23 am

the_stag wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 pm
Can you look at the convertor tool if you get a chance? When I try and convert missions from XvT:BoP to XWA, the waypoints are all off. Starting points and hyperspace are ok, but the rest are all off. This has been the case for a while, but I thought it was something I did to break it. But with a fresh install and no changes except for install patch v5, it's still happening.

Thanks!
I'll take a look, but that uses the external Converter and hasn't changed in a few years.
AngeI wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:55 pm
Does Yogeme not reference the current Licons file or does it use its own for the map briefing icons? I only ask because TFTC has its own versions of the map briefing icons.
It tries to load SHIPLIST and Licon.bmp first, but if that fails then it'll load its own based on the original vanilla images.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:03 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:23 am
the_stag wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 pm

Thanks!
I'll take a look, but that uses the external Converter and hasn't changed in a few years.
Is it possible that something in XWAU is creating the problem? I've also noticed that orders that reference a specific craft are off by one. So if there's an order to attack craft type Y-Wing, it'll convert to craft type X-Wing. I figured it had to do with the craftlist, but I haven't had the time to look into it. I'll do a fresh install of XWA without XWAU and do the conversions. I'll let you know if that works.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:09 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:23 am

It tries to load SHIPLIST and Licon.bmp first, but if that fails then it'll load its own based on the original vanilla images.
Hmm, I just rebuilt the whole Licons stuff from the ground up and things are in different places, Yogeme though definitely isn't reading these icons though. Can you take a look at these and see what you think? https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mcmm5i50r1zrh4/CBMs.zip?dl=0

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:34 pm

the_stag wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:03 am
Is it possible that something in XWAU is creating the problem? I've also noticed that orders that reference a specific craft are off by one. So if there's an order to attack craft type Y-Wing, it'll convert to craft type X-Wing. I figured it had to do with the craftlist, but I haven't had the time to look into it. I'll do a fresh install of XWA without XWAU and do the conversions. I'll let you know if that works.
I don't think so? The craft index being off by one is something that's not surprising as that's something I chased in XWA for a long time due to its lack of consistency, even though I thought I got all of them. The external converter is doing direct I/O instead of the using the file formats, and at some point I need to rewrite the whole routine. So it's possible that I had fixed it over in the DLL but never fixed the Converter.
AngeI wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:09 am
Hmm, I just rebuilt the whole Licons stuff from the ground up and things are in different places, Yogeme though definitely isn't reading these icons though. Can you take a look at these and see what you think? https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mcmm5i50r1zrh4/CBMs.zip?dl=0
Downloaded, I'll take a look.