YOGEME by JaggedFel

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: YOGEME by JaggedFel

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:51 pm

AngeI wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:08 pm
When you scroll through flight groups in various other panels (example orders or arrival/departure conditions), the scrolling has that 'jumping' effect instead of scrolling smoothly.

Also the main yogeme window keeps getting hidden by the map window when I try to select back to it. It forces me to either minimize the map window or move the main window to another monitor.
Fixed and fixed.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:10 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:51 pm

Fixed and fixed.
:god:

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:40 pm

Okay, v1.13.3 is out for those two fixes, also added the Active Sequence tooltip.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:54 pm

Awesome, downloaded and thank you :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:00 pm

AngeI wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:14 pm
Hey, can you clarify a little how region jump waypoints are supposed to be displayed? I was wanting to tidy up some waypoint and hyperspace timing issues which has a fleet of freighters go from Region 1, to 2 and then 3. But I noticed a difference between AlliED and Yogeme in how it portrays the hyperspace exit vector, so maybe I'm missing something.
I've also noticed the ships positions in the maps are quite different. In Yogeme its just above the backdrops position and far ahead of the hyperbuoy but in AlliED they are crowded around the hyperbuoy from their expected exit point. Whats going on here? I ask because it makes waypoint/ship direction planning difficult in Yogeme as a result right now.
Okay, so finally sat down and played with AlliEd to see what's going on. The vector lines from the exit point are all defined by the exit buoy's location to the first WP, regardless of the craft exit point, which you've already noticed.

The exit location between the player craft and NPCs are different. The player is placed 0.625 km behind the buoy along the exit vector, so when you exit you always pass through the beacon.
NPCs use the beacon location, plus the difference between the entry buoy in the previous region and the last WP in their "Hyper to Region" order. So whatever spacing you define on the entry side matches the spacing on the exit side.

Now, as for displaying in YOGEME, while I will absolutely fix the exit locations so they appear properly in the new region, I don't like how AlliEd does the trace from the exit buoy. We need the vector to determine the initial pointing, but in reality the craft isn't going to follow that path, it's going to cut in from wherever they actually are. So what I'm thinking (and I want to bounce this off a couple of you before I go do it) is that the exit vector be displayed behind the craft's exit point as a dashed line, so you will see from where the craft is coming from, but the solid line to WP1 would be from the craft itself, not the buoy, something like the mock-up below.
hyp-idea.png
I'd probably limit the dashed line to 0.5 km or so, whatever looks good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:42 am

In the example above, that is for an AI craft? Since the player craft would have to go through the buoy I would guess so. In your proposal, would YOGEME be able to show the exact exit vector for all AI craft based on where they are in location to the hyper buoy in the previous sector? Because that would be awesome.

Based on what you describe and what I see in the image, I think this is a great solution. I'm certainly more interested in what @AngeI thinks than what I think, since he's invested many more hours into mission editing and creation than anyone else.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:14 am

@JaggedFel this looks good to me. I've in the past had trouble understanding the exit vectors for AI ships, because they don't exit in the same formation they enter when done at angles. This is an example from an old thread when I first encountered this problem: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12802

However if you think you can accurately determine and show the exit vectors of AI ships and then use WP1 solid line to determine their directional vector when exiting (if I understand your proposal correctly), then this looks like a good solution :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:01 pm

Alright. I'll do some testing to see how AlliEd compares to XWA itself, especially since the exits shown in the other thread are a bit off. On one hand matching AlliEd (within reason) helps everyone who's used to it, but if I can match XWA, that's even better.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:05 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:01 pm
Alright. I'll do some testing to see how AlliEd compares to XWA itself, especially since the exits shown in the other thread are a bit off. On one hand matching AlliEd (within reason) helps everyone who's used to it, but if I can match XWA, that's even better.
Awesome. Yeah its just weird how if you look at the pictures I posted, the formation is maintained, but the ships positions are mirrored even though they're pointing in a different direction.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:32 pm

@Jagged Fel an unusual request maybe.
Flightgroups numbers are listed starting at 1. Understandable.
But all the hook editing for various skins or FG markings etc ref the Flightgroups lines starting at 0.
Example.

Code: Select all

fg, 0, markings, 2
I'm always making rookie mistakes when setting up Mission INIs with this.

Can there maybe be a setting option that means we can list the FG from 0?
So it would say " Flight Group #0 of 49 "
Thanks
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:39 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:32 pm
@Jagged Fel an unusual request maybe.
Flightgroups numbers are listed starting at 1. Understandable.
But all the hook editing for various skins or FG markings etc ref the Flightgroups lines starting at 0.
Example.

Code: Select all

fg, 0, markings, 2
I'm always making rookie mistakes when setting up Mission INIs with this.

Can there maybe be a setting option that means we can list the FG from 0?
So it would say " Flight Group #0 of 49 "
Thanks
Shouldn't be too bad, can do the same with Messages.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:43 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:39 pm
Shouldn't be too bad, can do the same with Messages.
Great thanks. Whenever Jeremy lists new codes it starts at 0.

I've just been looking at your Hook Assignment tool and it is very good. I do need to try it out more.
Most of my work though has been small edits to things already inputted. So manual edits but I should use it to check stuff :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:59 pm

I have quite the to-do list for adding more hook compatibility once I finish working on the Waypoint updates.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:11 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:59 pm
I have quite the to-do list for adding more hook compatibility once I finish working on the Waypoint updates.
Yes I'm just trying to keep up with it myself lol
Angel has had lots of cool ideas added, and I've requested lots of hangar stuff like Droid FG colours.
Then there's a lot of Sound options that thankfully you won't need to worry with :lachtot:

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:24 pm

Hello, minor quibble. Would it be possible in FG goals to have 'Enable for Team' to be automatically checked by default? I keep forgetting each time I add a goal, test then realise its not enabled.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:49 pm

AngeI wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:24 pm
Hello, minor quibble. Would it be possible in FG goals to have 'Enable for Team' to be automatically checked by default? I keep forgetting each time I add a goal, test then realise its not enabled.
How about leaving default unchecked (don't want XWA checking a bunch of empty goals), but if the FG Goal is modified to anything other than "none (FALSE)" then auto-check, and if modified back then auto-uncheck? You'd still be able to toggle manually of course, but that would remove the step during the initial build.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:17 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:49 pm
How about leaving default unchecked (don't want XWA checking a bunch of empty goals), but if the FG Goal is modified to anything other than "none (FALSE)" then auto-check, and if modified back then auto-uncheck? You'd still be able to toggle manually of course, but that would remove the step during the initial build.
Sure, sounds good :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:27 pm

I went and posted 1.13.4 ahead of me finishing the Waypoint stuff, it's got the option to toggle 0/1-indexed for FGs from the "Overall" options page for @Ace Antilles, and it's got the auto-toggle Goal enable for @AngeI :)

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:23 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:27 pm
I went and posted 1.13.4 ahead of me finishing the Waypoint stuff, it's got the option to toggle 0/1-indexed for FGs from the "Overall" options page for @Ace Antilles, and it's got the auto-toggle Goal enable for @AngeI :)
Thank you! Looks like it works. That will help my rubbish brain at times rather than add one when I should subtract etc lol
I'm also going to try using the Hook and Skin function etc as even I still can't always get my head around that

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:01 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:27 pm
Awesome thank you! :)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:48 pm

@JaggedFel I'm getting a crash on this new version. Mission I'm working on, as I switch to Region 2 on the map causes a repeatable crash:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Idmr.Yogeme.MapForm.MapPaint()
at Idmr.Yogeme.MapForm.numRegion_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.UpButton()
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnUpDown(UpDownEventArgs upevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.BeginButtonPress(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:56 pm

AngeI wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:48 pm
@JaggedFel I'm getting a crash on this new version. Mission I'm working on, as I switch to Region 2 on the map causes a repeatable crash:
Can you send me the mission? I need to see exactly where the crash is occurring, and it's working fine with stock missions on my end.

EDIT:
Never mind, I found it. I could trigger it if SP1 wasn't checked when changing regions; a section of code for the not-yet-completed hyper exit fixes wasn't being bypassed they way I intended. 1.13.5 posted.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:05 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:56 pm
Can you send me the mission? I need to see exactly where the crash is occurring, and it's working fine with stock missions on my end.

EDIT:
Never mind, I found it. I could trigger it if SP1 wasn't checked when changing regions; a section of code for the not-yet-completed hyper exit fixes wasn't being bypassed they way I intended. 1.13.5 posted.
That worked, thank you :)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:55 am

Hi @JaggedFel, in using the map briefing editor, am I missing something or is it possible to add the ability to 'adjust time for all following instructions' like AlliED has if you just want to shift everything down or up in the timeframe? This is a very useful feature for me I do use to make sure everything is adjusted accordingly.
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:05 pm

Not currently, but I can put it on the list and add that ability.