Yogeme editor and audio files

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Yogeme editor and audio files

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Hello, i am learning yogeme a fantastic mission editor, but i dont know how to manage audio files to appear in game but i dont know if this is posible.
Thank you very much.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:58 pm

Not yet, although I've had quite a few requests lately about it so it might be the next major feature I add in.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Thank you very much for this software its fantastic.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:55 pm

New release has a WAV Manager for XWA. In-flight, End of Mission, Briefing, and Pre/Post briefing audio are editable.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:05 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:55 pm
New release has a WAV Manager for XWA. In-flight, End of Mission, Briefing, and Pre/Post briefing audio are editable.
The new program won't open for me?
I've had this before I think but can't remember how to fix it. I tried using the Uninstall exe

Also tried removing the Settings file under AppData\Local\Imperial Department of Military Research which I had to before.
Still didn't fix it though
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:43 pm

thank you very much, it works for me great

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:05 pm
I've had this before I think but can't remember how to fix it. I tried using the Uninstall exe

Also tried removing the Settings file under AppData\Local\Imperial Department of Military Research which I had to before.
Huh. After you deleted the settings file, did it come up with the platform selection window and re-create the settings file?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:55 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:47 pm
Ace Antilles wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:05 pm

Huh. After you deleted the settings file, did it come up with the platform selection window and re-create the settings file?
No. I can get an old version to work but not this newest one.
I extracted the zip to a folder. I even gave it a new name. I deleted the settings file from previous times.
Run the program and got nothing and the Settings file did NOT come back.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Loading the settings is literally the first line of code, so if it doesn't run at all, I don't even know how to debug that as there's no points where it can exit silently prior to creating the settings file. I've rebuilt the executable and attached it, confirmed that it'll start on my end when the settings file isn't present. You don't have it located where UAC might interfere with it?

I suppose I can insert Message Boxes on the way to the Settings creation to see where it gets lost if you're willing to experiment, but that's assuming Windows is even attempting to execute it in the first place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:57 pm

Still having issues but I'll have to play about with it. v1.8.7 works and recreates the settings file.
Sometimes I hate XW editing ;)

stk421
Cadet 4th Class

Post by stk421 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 am

This is a very exciting development for YOGEME. I look forward to trying it out in XWA.

May I ask if this will help me change the in-flight radio messages to match the Imperial pilot radio messages (ie. wingmen, officers, etc) from the amazing game TIE Fighter? I used to play the X-Wing Collectors Series, namely TIE Fighter 95, and greatly enjoyed the immersive experience. I was eager to have these audio files from TIE ported over to XvT BoP. Is this possible with YOGEME? Even just the radio message for "Order Acknowledged, Alpha 1. Using your target for attack!" from TIE 95 was incredible and I would love to have this in my custom XvT BoP missions.

I have a good number of BoP missions that I made some time ago. I think the old TIE radio messages would make the perfect XvT BoP experience.

I used XvT BoP for most of my custom missions because I could seamlessly integrate new missions onto the mission list. This could not be done in TIE Fighter back in the day.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:05 pm

Custom missions for TIE were possible, but it required modifying the Battle#.LFD files which could not simply be done in Notepad due to binary values that required updating.

On my Github there is the TIE Sound Editor which can pull out the WAV files from TIE. For the generic in-flight messages, what TIE actually does is piece together individual words/phrases to construct the full sentence. So for your example, it could be "Order Acknowledged, sir. Using your target for attack." which is two different WAVs; SFXBLAST:c-order and SFXBLAST:a-using, whereas "Boarding operation complete" is three separate WAVs; SFXBLAST:a-board, SFXBLAST:a-oper, SFXBLAST:a-compl.
Likewise "Alpha 1" was two separate WAVs, "Installation under attack" was broken up, etc, etc.

There's also a lot of sound effects that are still MIDI some of which I believe should be voices, which I haven't decoded yet, as well as the content in the WRK files, so I haven't located the mission-specific audio that you'd probably be looking for from in-flight messages or briefing officers.