[Solved] Where to find the X-Wing Alliance mission to edit on Allied?

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

[Solved] Where to find the X-Wing Alliance mission to edit on Allied?

emark4
Cadet 4th Class

Post by emark4 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:04 am

I want to edit some mission in the xwing alliance campaign but I cant seem to find em. I have installed the XWA Upgrade 2020 pack and the TFTC mod. When I go into the missions folder in my game directory, I only see the missions from the TFTC. Where can i locate the missions from the base game?
Last edited by emark4 on Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:29 am

The base game missions are located in the very same folder. You should be able to distinguish them from the TFTC-Missions by them not having the -tftc suffix. E.G. 1b0m1fw.tie
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

emark4
Cadet 4th Class

Post by emark4 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:16 pm

Vince T wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:29 am
The base game missions are located in the very same folder. You should be able to distinguish them from the TFTC-Missions by them not having the -tftc suffix. E.G. 1b0m1fw.tie
Thats the problem. All of the missions I see in the folder have the .tie suffix. Going through all of these, I only see the TFTC missions and thats it. No sign of the base game missions.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:40 am

Should see files like 1B1m1TFTC.tie, or 1b1mTFTC-R.tie, or 1b1mTFTC-C.tie etc. Always has the *.tie extension or game won't see it. Vince is right about the suffix part though. Do a printscreen and upload the screenshot here as .png file. Sounds like you are looking in wrong directory maybe ?
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

emark4
Cadet 4th Class

Post by emark4 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:51 am

Bman wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:40 am
Should see files like 1B1m1TFTC.tie, or 1b1mTFTC-R.tie, or 1b1mTFTC-C.tie etc. Always has the *.tie extension or game won't see it. Vince is right about the suffix part though. Do a printscreen and upload the screenshot here as .png file. Sounds like you are looking in wrong directory maybe ?
I attached the screenshots here.

I should note that I am able to access the base game missions in game after restoring the light side from the Total Converter. So the files for the XWA missions are somewhere. I just cant find them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

emark4
Cadet 4th Class

Post by emark4 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:41 pm

Sorry, i was thinking all of the missions without the tftc lable are all part of TFTC. I found the base game missions. Please ignore & sorry about that. I'm stupid.