[B6M5] Battle 6 - Mission 5: Steal imperial shuttle

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B6M5] Battle 6 - Mission 5: Steal imperial shuttle

haui
Cadet 1st Class

Post by haui » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:14 pm

I have the problem when i found the shuttle inside the station i doch with the shuttle and then nothing happens.
I can wait and wait.
When i pick up the shuttle and start with teh shuttle connected with my ship the ties will destroy the shuttle on my way to the nav point. :?
Last edited by Forceflow on Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title Adjusted
It's better to burn out than to fade away .

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:28 pm

You’re supposed to dock with the station, not with the shuttle.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Yes, fly inside and dock with the station after you IDed the shuttle. Then suffer through the loooong dialogue and hope you'll be able to defend it on it's way out. Be sure to keep an eye out on the T/Bs. And don't forget the reinforcements.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

haui
Cadet 1st Class

Post by haui » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:51 pm

ok thanks i will try it.
It's better to burn out than to fade away .

WebDog
Cadet 4th Class

Post by WebDog » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:00 am

The star destroyer counts as an inspection target for inspecting the shuttles. Might be worth tweaking that as it makes no logical sense.

I think one of the neutral craft in the outpost area will trip off the ID scan objective should you veer left to not get hit by Karrade's ship.

There's a fair bit of poor user feedback in this mission, the biggest is the docking segment, as mentioned above. Googling the mission reveals this is a long-standing issue well before the XWAU pack. Perhaps some change to the objective summary text - "dock and wait for the commandos to board"

I'd forgotten the call reinforcements button so perhaps a tweak to the mission text to add (shift-S) as a reminder.

There's an alternative tactic of picking up the shuttle and flying it out, but that means you have to swing back to re-dock with the station to complete the docking objective. Perhaps place an override for the objectives if that's the case?
-WebDog

Safe-Keeper
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Safe-Keeper » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:37 pm

I remember really struggling with this mission as a kid. Not with figuring out where to dock, but with the balance, I always got killed on my way out :P . Personally, doing what the mission hints say and waiting for Rogue Squadron to thin out the TIEs made a huge difference to me.

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:29 pm

I just played this mission again and I don't recall it being so long. After I got the clear form the crew, I headed out the station, battle every single tie and the shuttle still didn't took off. I waited and waited and nothing, I then went inside the station again and targeted it and it was still waiting. The countdown at that moment was like 3 minutes remaining. Once the countdown reached 0, it finally took off and finished the mission, but it was a really long wait.
☹️

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:51 am

St@rkiller wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:29 pm
I just played this mission again and I don't recall it being so long. After I got the clear form the crew, I headed out the station, battle every single tie and the shuttle still didn't took off. I waited and waited and nothing, I then went inside the station again and targeted it and it was still waiting. The countdown at that moment was like 3 minutes remaining. Once the countdown reached 0, it finally took off and finished the mission, but it was a really long wait.
☹️
Looking at some of the triggers, SHU Tydirium will jump to its order to Wait when 100% of X-W Rogue 1 arrives AND Message #39 ("I wonder what's taking those commandos so long.") is displayed. X-W Rogue 1 only arrives when you signal for reinforcements AND YT-1300 Sabra has finished docking. So I wonder did you call for reinforcements for X-W Rogue to arrive? Otherwise it seems the SHU will just complete its Wait order which is about 20mins long from mission start.

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:22 pm

AngeI wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:51 am
St@rkiller wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:29 pm
☹️
Looking at some of the triggers, SHU Tydirium will jump to its order to Wait when 100% of X-W Rogue 1 arrives AND Message #39 ("I wonder what's taking those commandos so long.") is displayed. X-W Rogue 1 only arrives when you signal for reinforcements AND YT-1300 Sabra has finished docking. So I wonder did you call for reinforcements for X-W Rogue to arrive? Otherwise it seems the SHU will just complete its Wait order which is about 20mins long from mission start.
Thanks. I have never called for reinforcements on this mission (I barely do in the entire game), and yet, don't know if is just me, but still I don't recall it be be so long.
☹️

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:58 am

St@rkiller wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:22 pm
Thanks. I have never called for reinforcements on this mission (I barely do in the entire game), and yet, don't know if is just me, but still I don't recall it be be so long.
☹️
I think the mission wants you to call for reinforcements, although its not necessary for mission completion. There is this radio message "Ok, Sabra, we're all set. Get out there and signal Rogue." and then "We'll wait for the commotion to start before we head out.". There are other indications this is how the mission is supposed to have Rogue show up and so the SHU Tydirium triggers are tied to their arrival to complete the mission faster. Also normally you get a -500 point penalty for reinforcements, but there's a BONUS goal for their arrival for 500 points to negate that point loss.

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:44 pm

In this mission, the triggers work surpsisingly well, despite it being more complicated than probably any other mission in the game. I still found a few issues in the mission.

1B6M5B.TIE

Changes:
- Changed the Y coordinate of Waypoint 1 of Order 1 Region 2 of VSD Inexorable from 14.36 to 15.36. This way, the VSD will not crash into G/3 Customs and destroy it and itself.
- Made the first two arrival conditions of YT-1300 to always (TRUE) (In Mission Craft List)
- Made the first two arrival conditions of X-W Rogue to always (TRUE) (In Mission Craft List) and moved it's original first to conditions to the 3rd and 4th place
- Changed the Global Group of ISDII Judicator from 3 to 0, so it's not included in the global goal of "all special craft in Global group 3 must be inspected", as it's meant to only contain the SHUs and L/Cs
- Changed the text of Message #1(YOGEME) from "Let's get underway. Navigation is locked in for the Zhar system" to "We should get underway. Navigation is locked in for the Zhar system" to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #5(YOGEME) from "This is the Sabra. We've got some supplies for Outpost 327." to "This is the Sabra. We have some supplies for Outpost 327." to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #19(YOGEME) from "We're a late arrival, it's probably further down the list" to "We are a late arrival. It is probably further down the list" to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #26(YOGEME) from "Uhh... we're having some problems with the repulsorlifts..." to "Uhh... we are having some problems with the repulsorlifts..." to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #27(YOGEME) from "We'll have it worked out in a second..." to "We will have it worked out in a second..." to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #32(YOGEME) from "Ok control, we're unloading our cargo now." to "Ok control, we are unloading our cargo now." to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #36(YOGEME) from "No no no... that's ok. We've got it." to "No no no... that is ok. We have it." to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #38(YOGEME) from "Uh.. negative control... we're almost finished up here." to "Uh.. negative control... we are almost finished up here." to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #39(YOGEME) from "I wonder what's taking those commandos so long." to "I wonder what is taking those commandos so long." to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #43(YOGEME) from "Time to leave this party, Ace. Let's get outta here!" to "Time to leave this party, Ace. We should get outta here!" to match the audio
- Changed the text of Message #52(YOGEME) from "We're taking some damage, Ace!" to "We are taking some damage, Ace!" to match the audio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:43 pm

Thanks for the fixes 😎
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost