Hi everyone, first of all, thank you to all of you devs for the amazing upgrades that you've done since a long time. The VR port is surprisingly good but I experience a game breaking bug.
Tl;Dr : All the HUD holographic panel & contextual text (speed, tip, etc.) only show in my left lens in my headset.
I have followed the installation that others seem to propose : the 2020, then the 5.0 + 5.5 and the beta FX patch. I have modified two .cfg file and change them to SteamVR.
Everything is by defaults, although I also have try the configuration tool, still no change.
I'm kind of ok with VR stuff. MSFS 2020, Elite Dangerous, Skyrim, ect., all run great on my machine.
I have read all the post in the VR section and didn't found anyone with my issue.
Here are some question if anyone could please help me :
1. How can I fix my ''only one eye hud'' situation.
2. I came across post that were mentioning the new ddraw2.0, do I need that or is this already in the new package?
3. In the how to request help section of the forum I read : '' Have you made sure to install the latest hooks with the Hook Setup Tool ''. Do I need that too?
4. Lastly, it seem the game only run in Fullscreen in the background when I'm in vr. I wonder if I can make it windowed since I don't need the full screen and that could make my in VR desktop workflow better. I have tried the popular Alt-Enter and it didn't worked.
Again, thank you everyone that have contributed to a dream come true. I hope I will be able to play soon.
Quest 2 on Airlink
X-Wing Alliance Steam Edition
Edit no 1. Weird, when I disable dynamic cockpits in the Babu Frik option I then have the holographic panel in both lenses but they are moving where I look..., which I don't like. But, that give me hope that maybe there is some setting that I could tweak to make this work with Dynamic Cocpits On.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:20 am
- Posts: 2291
- Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:12 am
I suspect you're referring to the standard HUD here. There's also a holographic HUD display that you can see inside some cockpits, like the X-Wing. Which ship has this problem, or does it happen everywhere? Do you think you could post a picture?
Have you tried jumping in the X-Wing to see what it looks like?
I suggest that you use the Babu Frik configurator to toggle the VR mode. There's a chance you may have missed some setting in the cfg files.I have followed the installation that others seem to propose : the 2020, then the 5.0 + 5.5 and the beta FX patch. I have modified two .cfg file and change them to SteamVR.
Also, what rendering mode are you using? I suggest that you try Deferred Rendering (you can also select this in Babu Frik)