Controller Difficulty

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Controller Difficulty

wedgewasbetter
Recruit

Post by wedgewasbetter » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:10 am

Hi all,

I only just found out about XWAU through youtube after purchasing this old gem on Steam. Played it many years ago, and how lovely it is to find the community in full swing!

I've followed the standard procedure for installing XWAU, and the only thing I've changed is enabling MSAA.

Prior to installing this upgrade, I was playing the vanilla version of the game with a controller just fine. However, after installing the upgrade, my Xbox 360 controller still works - but the calibration seems way off. My ship won't fly straight, and always seems to be pulling down and to the right.

I've tried remedying this by using the launcher's controller settings and calibration to no avail. There may be small variations in the control stick after doing it, but I couldn't say for sure. Ship still doesn't fly straight.

Tried to be a bit of searching and it doesn't seem this is too common of a problem. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks so much, can't wait to crack into this thing!

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:10 am

Maybe you need to remap the axes on your gamepad to the in-game axes using XwaJoytickConfig (I don't remember if that's the exact name of the tool). Try running that tool to see if the axes are mapped as expected.