CAMPAIGN AND MISSION GENERATOR VIDEO

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

CAMPAIGN AND MISSION GENERATOR VIDEO

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:03 am

In the end I was able to record something where I describe my program very superficially. I hope it can be understood. I am not a good communicator. I create a new topic so that people can see it, excuse my English hahahaha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayAWl2wjI1M
Last edited by batuta on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:40 am

It looks very interesting

Han Duo
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Han Duo » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:20 pm

It says the video is not available. I'm looking forward to the video - I know putting yourself out on the Internet to strangers is scary, but I don't think this community would judge you on your English. I would be very interested to see the video and understand what you came up with!

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:31 pm

hello, dont worry i am going to record a new one and if you wante i can give you my program if you like, i will try to do it better

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:13 pm

I record a new video explaning my program, i think that now i speak better, because i used the accent from Kansas city.
Plese let me know any commentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayAWl2wjI1M

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:10 pm

Nice :thumbs:

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:28 pm

Well i have the program ready for testing if anyone want to. It is a zip file around 600 megabytes but i have no where to host it.
If anyone is interested in testing please give a link where to upload it and i will do it.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:34 pm

Upload the file to google drive, or one drive.

Also, if you are interested send me all your interface text files and I'll clean up the english translation if you'd like in my spare time.

This looks like an awesome start to a program that could really breath some life back into this game. I encourage you to keep working on refining the functions and graphical interface!

Perhaps add a setting to default music to off on startup though.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:41 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ej3D35 ... sp=sharing
Sorry i forget google drive, well Thank you very much for your suggestions, try the program and if you think it's worth it we can work on the translation. I'm enjoying it a lot but it seems that the community is not very interested in something like that.
To use nabbo star fighter and r-22 awing you have to install it.
And the credits are for all the xwaup team, vicen t, blue max, Angel etc... i forgot to put the credits and the license advice but this is for personal use.
I made it for use with a 1080 resolution.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:35 pm

I am balancíng the mission generator i will be postín Here the updates.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:32 am

As always the interest in this community is super sparse and tends to come in large spikes. If this program is user friendly, not super buggy, comes up with somewhat interesting missions and adds some replay value and the interface gets polished up a bit then there is a good chance people may become more interested.

So far I see promise. I get burned out myself with modding because we have nothing but visual content and features that are amazing, but very little to showcase them since people generally aren't making missions anymore.

Don't get discouraged, keep working on your project. Remember you're doing it for yourself first, and sharing with the rest of us. Really I think even with waxing and waning of the creators of this community due to real life obligations and burnout on the project(s) they/we all have going at one time or another, it only keeps going on because there is still enough interest within the team to keep going with things. We need new blood though coming in to add to things as stagnation doesn't take long to set in. You're making something unique that I can honestly say I wouldn't be able to do myself and barring maybe two people in the community, I don't know who even could.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:53 pm

UPDATE N 1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ec84gc ... sp=sharing
Balance and goals updates for missiong generator missions. Just replace the data folder and the .exe file.

Thank you very much for your comforting words. This is a personal project since many advances have been made in the visual aspects but not so many in the gameplay.
For me it has been a huge job since I don't know anything about codes or computers, I've done everything by searching Google. I am now in the process of balancing the missions generated making sure that there are the minimum types of missions that are impossible to complete. The truth is that your words fill me with encouragement to continue.
But well I have done it for my enjoyment and I share it.
There are many aspects to improve of course but of course this is a very big project and I am doing it alone. We'll see what it ends up hahaha, but for now I'm having a great time. A big greeting.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:30 am

UPDATE N 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12x0bGh ... sp=sharing
From Kansas city.
Balance and goals updates for missiong generator missions. Just replace the data folder and the .exe file.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:48 pm

UPDATE N 3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z0sLK1 ... sp=sharing
From Kansas city.
Orders updates for missiong generator missions. Just replace the data folder and the .exe file.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:25 pm

I update de link for update 3, my apologies, if you downloaed, downlad it again its my fault.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:37 pm

I think there are more loyal and interested fans still here. Problem more likely is that peeps are working on projects in background for XWA and TFTC, Embers etc. in between real life, plus there's been a waterfall of new features and hooks etc that there is a lot of information overload to keep up on and master. It's tough to stop or stay focusd when something new comes along. I think everyone faces time management issues. I agree with Driftwood, stick with this project and iron out any potential bugs. It will eventually gain attention as more peeps see how it works overtime. Maybe show more videos etc. how it works in practice.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:57 am

Well i will upload a gameplay
DIRECTLY FROM KANSASSSSS CITYYYYY THE GAMEPLAY OF THE UNIVERSE
https://youtu.be/H5ArY2uIRiE

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:23 pm

UPDATE N 4 AND THE LAST UPDATE I POST FOR THE MOMENT

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10otj8i ... sp=sharing
Orders description added, just replace de data folder and the .exe file.

Good bye everybody from kansas city now i am a youtuber number one in the galaxy.