TFTC v1.3 Released! (and 1.3.2 is also out!)

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

TFTC v1.3 Released! (and 1.3.2 is also out!)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:38 pm

Edit 18/10/22: TFTC Patch v1.3.2 is now out, please grab it from our ModDB page.

After all the excitement of yesterdays release, I forgot to post the announcement here too! First off, we have a new website - https://www.tiefightertc.com/ This site aims to be a comprehensive center of information about the project in its entirety with in-depth guides to installation, tweaking settings, joystick and keyboard info, version changelogs, ship information and even every single mission that you can play! Take a good look around and let us know if you have any suggestions on anything else we could add in the future.

But the main reason we are here today is that, with great pleasure, we can finally announce the release of the TFTC Version 1.3 patch! This patch is the culmination of 8 months work and provides a whole plethora of balance changes, bug fixes, new missions, sounds, visuals and gameplay behaviours including:

- The new performance enhancing Ddraw that shunts rendering power from the CPU to the GPU. Expect massive FPS gains from this and also in VR!

- 3 new missions for the Reimagined campaigns as well as several extensive gameplay changes for several Reimagined missions.

- New package of sound effects.

- New interdiction effect when in hyperspace.

- New voice actor for all reimagined Thrawn dialogue.

- New iMUSE hook which improves behaviour of the in-game music.

- New time acceleration hook which allows you to speed up the game by 4x.

- Countless fixes

- Countless balance improvements.

To see the full extensive list of changes, please check the Changelog section on the website. We have also updated our installation tutorial video for the new version. Head over to our ModDB page to download :)

charben01
Recruit

Post by charben01 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:00 am

Hello, tried to post this on Discord but the error message below was too long without paying for some sort of posting upgrade. Anyway, I'm running a current XWAU install, light side config loaded. I tried to install the latest TFTC update both full and patch from 1.2. Got the below error message. Do I need to uninstall XWA and reinstall /update from scratch? I'm using a Steam install for XWA. My C drive is 2 gb SSD, so I definitely have the space for the patch.

---------------------------
XwaInstallerLib Install Error - Press Ctrl + C to copy the text
System.IO.IOException: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName)
at XwaInstallerLib.PackageInstallerContext.BackupFileIfExist(String filename)
at XwaInstallerLib.PackageInstaller.DeleteFileFunction(String[] lineParts)
at XwaInstallerLib.PackageInstaller.InstallScript(List`1 scriptLines, Dictionary`2 patchFiles)
at XwaInstallerLib.PackageInstaller.InstallPackage(String packagePath)
at XwaInstallerLib.ConsoleWindow.<>c__DisplayClass113_1.<Window_Loaded>b__1()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at XwaInstallerLib.ConsoleWindow.<Window_Loaded>d__113.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
at System.Windows.Window.Show()
at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
at XwaInstallerLib.Main.Install()
OK

Thank you for any information you can give.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:02 am

A CRC error usually means some form of corruption, could be the installer file is corrupted in your download or another issue involving game or system corruption. I recommend you try to redownload the file and/or do a clean installation.

Also I recommend you just take a screenshot of the error next time for Discord :)

charben01
Recruit

Post by charben01 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:52 pm

OK, thank you for the information. BTW, does the 1.3 update for TFTC have all the goodies from the most recent XWAU or no? Can I install the most recent XWAU updates or only the mega patch?

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:35 am

charben01 wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:52 pm
OK, thank you for the information. BTW, does the 1.3 update for TFTC have all the goodies from the most recent XWAU or no? Can I install the most recent XWAU updates or only the mega patch?
TFTC 1.3 contains XWAU 5 and 5.5 patches. The TFTC website, readme file, ModDB download descriptions and YT tutorial video all explain this and everything else you need for installation.

charben01
Recruit

Post by charben01 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:15 pm

Thank you!

Muahaha
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Muahaha » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:58 am

Thank you for keeping the game fresh!

PunkFriday
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by PunkFriday » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:32 am

THANK YOU!!!

Old_Jedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Old_Jedi » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:18 pm

Kudos to you, the whole TFTC team and everyone else who has done such incredible work bringing these games up to date.

hdik

charben01
Recruit

Post by charben01 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:44 pm

I agree with the above, massive kudos to the whole TFTC team. As an update I was able to get this installed with no issues on a clean install of XWA on Steam, then the mega patch then TFTC 1.3. Thanks for all the great info!

Porkins_BB
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Porkins_BB » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:41 am

Awesome work on the TFTC 1.3 patch, it just keeps getting better and better! So far, I've encountered some bugs, but nothing consistent. The first time I ran TFTC 1.3 none of the cutscenes would work. I could hear the sound, but couldn't see anything. This included the animations to start mission briefs, flight simulator, and Tech Library. I did a restart and all the cutscenes were working again. Strange, but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

I've had 2 CTDs since running TFTC 1.3. Normally, it occurs after playing 4-6 missions during the loading screen for a new mission. It appears to be some kind D3D error that states there is insufficient memory. Once I restart the game, it all works. I did not encounter this in 1.1 or 1.2.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:16 am

TFTC v1.3.2 patch has since been released, please download from our ModDB page!

Dornil
Recruit

Post by Dornil » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:09 pm

Is there any way to run 1.3 in Windows 7?

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:25 pm

Dornil wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:09 pm
Is there any way to run 1.3 in Windows 7?
It might work for the most part but we cannot guarantee it will work completely stable, make sure you grab the latest ddraw file from the XWAU downloads page as there was a recent fix that helped for Win7/8 compatibility, but ultimately we recommend Windows 10 or greater for best stability.

Dornil
Recruit

Post by Dornil » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:45 pm

I installed "Beta Effects Version 2 by Blue Max's Version 2022-11-05" and the game at least started. But unfortunately it crashes as soon as I press "Go to debriefing" in hangar:(
Is there anything else I can try?

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:40 am

Dornil wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:45 pm
I installed "Beta Effects Version 2 by Blue Max's Version 2022-11-05" and the game at least started. But unfortunately it crashes as soon as I press "Go to debriefing" in hangar:(
I'm not sure to be honest, ping @blue_max or @JeremyaFr but ultimately we don't really provide full support for really old OS anymore.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:36 pm

Dornil wrote:
Hello,
Can you post a crash dump?
They look like "XWingAlliance_*_*_*.dmp" in the XWA directory next to "XWingAlliance.exe".

marcelo999
Cadet 4th Class

Post by marcelo999 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:58 pm

Dornil wrote:
Yo tenia el mismo problema, pero se solucionó con la versión 2022-11-05. Prueba ejecutando el juego en modo compatibilidad con windows 7.

marcelo999
Cadet 4th Class

Post by marcelo999 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:59 pm

I had the same problem, but it was fixed with version 2022-11-05. Try running the game in compatibility mode with windows 7.

Dornil
Recruit

Post by Dornil » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:44 pm

Thank you very much! Turning on the Win7 compatibility seems to have helped (at least for now). Just in case I uploaded two crash dump files I found in the folder from before setting up compatibility.
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/tsHQAHzXp35IcA
By the way, XWA has always been crashing on me as soon as I quit the game altogether. One of the dumps is from one of those crashes, I assume.

marcelo999
Cadet 4th Class

Post by marcelo999 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:01 am

Those crashes when leaving the game are normal, no one knows why.

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:34 pm

I've been on leave for a while, looking forward to suiting up!
Last edited by Kriegmacher on Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:54 pm

Kriegmacher wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:34 pm
That's a great point! I never thought of it that way.

haui
Cadet 1st Class

Post by haui » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:02 pm

I saw there is a update TFTC 1.3.3 out now :-)
It's better to burn out than to fade away .