[Bug] starships have no weapon sounds

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Bug] starships have no weapon sounds

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Tue May 16, 2023 1:27 am

this only applies to starships that are installed to extra slots. for example i have a venator that used to make imperial turbolaser sounds and a banking clan frigate that used to make rebel turbolaser sounds. since the 5.6 update now they are silent.

edit: i was able to restore the sound to these craft by creating a .ini for each opt and specifying which sounds to use there but it would be really nice if they worked by default and i didn't need to do this for every craft i've added

Trevor
Lieutenant JG

Post by Trevor » Tue May 16, 2023 10:35 am

the inis are the future as they are more modular, portable and safer than exe hacking.
there is not (or should not) be any reason now to hack the exe as hooks do everything now.

Trev

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue May 16, 2023 10:46 am

What version of the Venator do you have? Did you get it from my website or did it come with TFTC?
If you got it from my site, make sure you have the latest version (1.3) as that one already comes with an ini file.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Tue May 16, 2023 11:05 am

Vince T wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:46 am
What version of the Venator do you have? Did you get it from my website or did it come with TFTC?
If you got it from my site, make sure you have the latest version (1.3) as that one already comes with an ini file.
i was mistaken about the venator. i am using your newest version and it did have an ini and was making sounds. i just didnt fly close enough to pick them up apparently.

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Tue May 16, 2023 11:09 am

Trevor wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:35 am
the inis are the future as they are more modular, portable and safer than exe hacking.
there is not (or should not) be any reason now to hack the exe as hooks do everything now.

Trev
the hooks and .ini's are great and i love all the features they add. i am not arguing that. all im saying is that it would be nice if the default setting of the sounds was on rather than off

edit: i just realized i can probably do this in default.ini