[B1M2] Battle 1 - Mission 2: Rescue Uncle Anton

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

Re: [B1M2] Battle 1 - Mission 2: Rescue Uncle Anton

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Mon May 22, 2023 11:50 pm

I noticed something strange in the mission goals: some groups have "100% of Flight Group BONUS must NOT be destroyed (X points)" set for them as bonus goals.
What this results in that if you destroy that flight group, you don't get any indication that you "failed" the bonus goal, BUT you get X points ADDED to your bonus points, which is pretty stupid in my opinion.

Anyway, I propose to change the goals to "100% of Flight Group BONUS must be destroyed (X points)", as in the end it results in the same added points, but you get informed on the mission goals panel

Here is my fixed version:
1B1M2FG.TIE

Changes:
bonus goal changed from "must NOT be destroyed" to "must be destroyed" for the following Flight Groups:
- CTRNS Viraxo Tech
- CNVYR Viraxo Freight 1
- CNVYR Viraxo Freight 2
- STARG Viraxo Freight 1
- STARG Viraxo Freight 2
- T/F Alpha 1
- T/F Alpha 4
- T/F Alpha 7
- T/I Gamma 1
- T/I Gamma 4
- T/I Gamma 7
Changed Global Units for the following crafts, to not have the same named crafts twice during the mission:
- from 2 to 1 for PLT/F Security 10
- from 2 to 1 for PLT/F Security 12
- from 0 to 21 for CN/L Viraxo Designs 5
- from 21 to 22 for CTRNS Viraxo Tech
- from 0 to 23 for STARG Viraxo Freight 1
- from 0 to 23 for STARG Viraxo Freight 2
Moved CN/L Viraxo Design 5 up in the Flight Froups list, just below CN/L Viraxo Designs 1
Moved CNVYR Viraxo Freight 2 up in the Flight Froups list, just below CNBYR Viraxo Freight 1
Changed Points earned for inspecting CNVYR Viraxo Freight 2 from 50 to 75 to be equal with the goal for inspecting CNVYR Viraxo Freight 1
Added craft names for the Secondary Goals, so now instead of "All Destroyed", you'll see "All TIE Fighters Destroyed" and "All TIE Interceptors Destroyed"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LPhoenix on Mon May 22, 2023 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Mon May 22, 2023 11:52 pm

I also noticed that you can use the bottom turret of the Otana during docking, despite the game telling you in a message that it's disabled during docking

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Wed May 31, 2023 6:10 pm

From my previous mission file, I made a newer one, which contains only two small fixes:
- YT-2000 Otana 1 is now Otana
- X-W Blue groups have proper numbering now
1B1M2FG.TIE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:55 pm

LPhoenix wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:10 pm
From my previous mission file, I made a newer one, which contains only two small fixes:
- YT-2000 Otana 1 is now Otana
- X-W Blue groups have proper numbering now

1B1M2FG.TIE
Thanks very much for your help!
I've added the mission to our future update.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost