Is it normal that ships move wasy faster than in XWA?

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

Is it normal that ships move wasy faster than in XWA?

CypressFX
Recruit

Post by CypressFX » Thu May 25, 2023 7:23 pm

Hey guys!

One thing I noticed when playing Tie Fighter is how much faster all ships move comapred to X-Wing Alliance ships.

While every ship in XWA feels unique, all of the Tie ships in TF feel more or less the same and very agile.

What the reason behind this?

Thanks in advance!

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri May 26, 2023 4:47 am

Not sure any speeds were adjusted, but I'll have to defer that to Angel. On classic side, it would be to match the original TF game. Reimagined.... more realistic canon speeds ?
EDIT: However, speeds per FG can be adjusted in AlliED/Yogeme editors on a per mission basis.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Fri May 26, 2023 10:03 pm

Global ship speeds have not been changed and should still be the same stats as the original for the most part. However Reimagined does occasionally override these global stats for mission specific reasons but for speed I think only B9M1-R does this for the enemy T/As that show up.