Seeking Guide on XWA Mission Editor

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Seeking Guide on XWA Mission Editor

TaylorSX16
Recruit

Post by TaylorSX16 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:35 pm

Hi there,

Small intro real quick. I was merely 6 years old when this came out and its always a hit to childhood to see people like you all working on making this game work on more modern tech. XWAU has been an utter BLAST and I cant stop playing.

However, my creative mind to make missions is kicking me in the head and I found the YOGEME editor, and I'm trying to learn how to use it. I'm wondering if there is any in depth guide on how this all works because I want to learn how to make custom missions and such in the style of the campaign.

Anyone know where to find or have any guides on this? Thanks all, Happy flying.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:51 pm

TaylorSX16 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:35 pm
Hi there,

Small intro real quick. I was merely 6 years old when this came out and its always a hit to childhood to see people like you all working on making this game work on more modern tech. XWAU has been an utter BLAST and I cant stop playing.

However, my creative mind to make missions is kicking me in the head and I found the YOGEME editor, and I'm trying to learn how to use it. I'm wondering if there is any in depth guide on how this all works because I want to learn how to make custom missions and such in the style of the campaign.

Anyone know where to find or have any guides on this? Thanks all, Happy flying.
Sorry I don't think there's any guides on YOGEME out there.
Best to check the creators website
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

m0rgg
XWAU Member

Post by m0rgg » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:44 pm

Check the included Help in the editor!

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:32 am

The help file has details for every screen for all platforms, and is generally kept up-to-date when something that affects users is updated. It is however more for how to use YOGEME, not a Mission Design guide.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt