No VR control in Active Cockpit

Here you can find help for how to best run and setup your XWA VR experience.

No VR control in Active Cockpit

camelith
Recruit

Post by camelith » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:07 pm

So I've been trying to get everything set up to use my Quest 2 with the new Active Cockpit stuff, and everything up until actually getting into flight works fine. I've made sure that active_cockpit_enabled = 1, I've got JoystickEmul = 3, I've made sure that joystick handedness is set correctly, that the gloves are set to render, tracking is set to SteamVR, everything. I can interact with the concourse just fine with the vr controllers, so all of the binds appear to be correct.

Once I actually get into a cockpit, however, the VR controllers are non-functional. Tracking and everything works fine, I can move and look around the cockpit, reset view with keyboard shortcuts etc., but the game won't acknowledge the VR controllers. I'm unsure if this is related, but since I'm using the GOG version of the game launching XWA directly through SteamVR is finnicky. When launching that way the game will just immediately close, but having the game itself open SteamVR seems to work OK. I do have to alt-tab into the game itself once the launcher has closed, though.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:39 am

camelith wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:07 pm
Once I actually get into a cockpit, however, the VR controllers are non-functional. Tracking and everything works fine, I can move and look around the cockpit, reset view with keyboard shortcuts etc., but the game won't acknowledge the VR controllers.
Can you see the gloves inside the cockpit? Not all ships are enabled to use this feature yet. Try flying the X-Wing or A-Wing. Those two should have buttons that you can interact with.

Can you steer your ship and move the throttle with your VR controllers?

camelith
Recruit

Post by camelith » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:49 am

No gloves, no control with the VR controllers at all. And yes, I was testing it out with the X-Wing specifically.

Sinful_Rose
Recruit

Post by Sinful_Rose » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:44 am

This happens to me when running the Launcher outside of SteamVR. I've to run SteamVR and then run the Launcher from SteamVR desktop viewer, then switch to VR (from inside SteamVR) after the game started. Hope it helps

camelith
Recruit

Post by camelith » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:37 pm

Sinful_Rose wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:44 am
This happens to me when running the Launcher outside of SteamVR. I've to run SteamVR and then run the Launcher from SteamVR desktop viewer, then switch to VR (from inside SteamVR) after the game started. Hope it helps
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give this a try later today.