XWC5.0+XvT rebel part is now available in my site

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: XWC5.0+XvT rebel part is now available in my site

LivewareCascade
Cadet 4th Class

Post by LivewareCascade » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:25 pm

I'm encountering some crashes using XWC 5.0 and I'm not sure if it's something I did wrong.

I installed XWAU2020
Then Update 4 (XWAU2020update_v4.0.exe)
Then XWC (XWC5.0_XvT(rebel).7z)

I've managed to play the historical missions up till mission 4 or 5 (I think it's the one where you have to rescue the calamari slaves from the freighter) but when attempting to start that mission, the game immediately crashes. I tried to see if I could fly it using the "cheater" pilot profile in the flight simulator, but entering the simulator either crashes immediately, or when the simulator selection screen comes up and I try to change battle/scenario.

Aside from that, the only other things I can think of that may be relevant:

I have a separate XWAU installation for XWA (running update 5.5). That works fine, I copied the joystick configs over to the XWC install folder so I wouldn't have to mess around setting stuff up again. I don't think this could break anything, was I wrong?

Aside from that, I'm using vJoy and Joystick Gremlin to create a virtual flight control device so I can use my stick/throttle/pedals as a single device in game.

uniqueuser97
Recruit

Post by uniqueuser97 » Mon May 01, 2023 7:20 pm

Good day! Anyone have the updated XWC Mission Files posted by Waylon on 2021.10.23? The Google Drive link is dead.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Tue May 02, 2023 3:42 am

@uniqueuser97 check the post below:
Forceflow wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:48 pm
As for now you will be able to find the XWC 5.0 on the XWAU-Server:
XWC 5.0 + XvT (Rebel) (I renamed the file slightly for better compatibility)
This has been done with @waylons approval.

Note that this is purely for the benefit of the community and this download is in no way an official XWAU download, so use at your own risk. We cannot offer much support nor can we guarantee any compatibility with the current or future XWAU patches. (As far as I am aware the latest XWAU Patch 5 sadly is not compatible. You will need Patch 4 which can still be found in the download section if needed)
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

uniqueuser97
Recruit

Post by uniqueuser97 » Tue May 02, 2023 3:32 pm

@Forceflow Thanks for the post reference. Specifically, I was wondering about the files from this post:
waylon wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:56 pm
This is download link of updated mission files. I played through all XWing missions include training. Generally just add more arsenal, 200% shield, lower imperial fighters' AI. because I can't out maneuver with 3 (and more) Ace fighters after all wingmen are gone.
I tested few XvT missions they seem all well balanced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z2BKaR ... sp=sharing
This Google Drive location is offline. However, re-reading the release notes on Waylon's site (http://www.maxgames.it/xwc/) it does state "Fixed compatibility issue for XWAUP 2020 Ver. 4.0. Editing all mission files and applied superbackdrop." So perhaps the updated mission have been bundled into the latest download. I'll just have to play it and find out!

AUS770
Recruit

Post by AUS770 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:24 am

Can I please have a link to XWC5.0?
Thanks in advance

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:22 pm

AUS770 wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:24 am
Can I please have a link to XWC5.0?
Thanks in advance
The file is still available on the XWAU server:
XWC 5.0
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Voyager
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Voyager » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:27 am

So, just tried to fire it up, and while I got the Lucas Arts video, I just got a black screen after that.

Install process was to download XWA from Good Old Games and do a fresh install, check that it started, then copy that into three different directories: X-Wing Conversion, TIE Fighter Total Conversion, and X-Wing Alliance Upgrade. (You can probably guess what I'm doing after I replay X-Wing).

I then applied the XWAU 2020 Megapatch, then the. XWAU 2020 Version 4.0, then downloaded and copied the contents from the CEC 5.0 X-Wing Alliance folder to the renamed X-Wing Conversion folder. I noticed that there was an Akbar and a third folder as well at the same level as the XWA folder, but didn't initially copy them out.

I loaded the XW character using the XWAU loader and started the game. It went through the Lucas Arts logo, but then it just showed a black screen. Not sure what to do, actually.

Any thoughts?

Voyager
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Voyager » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:22 am

Found the problem: I needed to start the game in Skip Intro mode.

Red25
Recruit

Post by Red25 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:56 pm

I am starting the game and it is forcing me to make a new pilot. The notes I read said "DO NOT create new pilot, use existing pilot to play" but this is a new install with no existing pilots. I see that the mod comes with 4 existing pilots but I do not know what folder they belong in.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you