You do NOT need to modify anything in game anymore. It will all be working once installed.
UPDATE (Feb 4, 2022): SteamVR is now supported. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR EYES! There's a chance that this version may display blurry images or even double vision in VR. If you experience these problems, stop playing immediately and revert to the old version of ddraw.dll!
There's also some fixes for the regular version:
* Hangar shadows have been fixed
* Engine glow for distant objects should not flicker anymore
* Improved precision for distant objects (again, flickering should be less pronounced)
UPDATE (Feb 14, 2022): Only minor fixes.
* Lines in map mode are drawn at the right depth, making the map more readable.
* Minor fixes to the lights and shading.
UPDATE (Feb 25, 2022):
* The hangar shadow system has been rewritten. The new shadows should solve a number of reported artifacts and the VR performance should be better in the hangar.
* UPDATE (Feb 28, 2022):
* Several fixes to the Tech Room, including geometry corruption and loading times.
* The Tech Room now renders OPTs using a PBR-based shader.
* UPDATE (Mar 1, 2022):
* Restored HUD animations
* Enabled backface culling (got a ~10% improvement in performance)
* UPDATE (Mar 3, 2022):
* Fixed artifacts that made the screen go black when looking at the Sun.
* UPDATE (Mar 8, 2022):
* Added scissor rect (the CMD display should no longer spill over).
* Fixes to the animated HUD transparency while in hyperspace.
* UPDATE (Mar 10, 2022):
* Fixed black cockpit glass when jumping into hyperspace.
* Fixed missing cockpit areas in SteamVR (by disabling backface culling). This can be re-enabled in DDraw.cfg by adding CullBackFaces = 1
* UPDATE (Mar 12, 2022):
* The cockpit won't be clipped anymore in VR mode.
* UPDATE (Mar 22, 2022):
* New tracking hooks by m0rgg that enable full 6dof in the hangar and gunner turrets in SteamVR mode.
* Please set "pose_corrected_headtracking = 0" in CockpitLook.cfg for this version, otherwise you may experience several artifacts.
* UPDATE (Mar 27, 2022):
* Fixed laser reticle pips. FIxed spurious shadows for the YT family. Fixed holographic displays in the hangar in VR.
* UPDATE (Mar 29, 2022):
* More fixes to the laser reticle pips by m0rgg.
* Fixes to the HUD display when the camera is in exterior view mode.
* UPDATE (Apr 6, 2022):
* Enabled DirectSBS mode.
* Added Normal Mapping. Activate in the material files by adding "NormalMap = <path-to-file.dat>-<GroupId>-<ImageId>" under the relevant texture sections.
* Normal Mapping may take a few seconds to load and it can be toggled with Ctrl+Alt+N
* Minor fixes to the Tech Room.
* Bumped version to 2.0. The files can now be downloaded from the Downloads section in this forum.
* UPDATE (May 3, 2022):
There's only fixes in version 2.0.1, no new features.
* Fixed clipping problems in the CMD.
* The Dynamic Cockpit now works even when shading is disabled.
* Fixed intermittent problems with Bloom.
* Broken glass in the cockpit should now look fine.
* UPDATE (June 13, 2022):
Various bug fixes in version 2.0.2, including:
* MSAA causing white edges around objects
* Lighting artifacts in the hangar
* The hangar no longer applies inertia while the external camera is active. To re-enable add the following in CockpitLook.cfg: enable_external_inertia_in_hangar = 1
* Other fixes by Jeremy.
* UPDATE (July 14, 2022):
Version 2.0.3 contains new effects and bug fixes:
* Fixes to DirectSBS and SteamVR modes for proper memory usage.
* Added explosion lights
* Expanded laser light limit to 16.
* Added directional lights. Any texture can cast illumination now.
* Added new Interdiction effect.
* UPDATE (Aug 10, 2022):
Version 2.0.4. New! Instance Events/Animations. Damaged ships can now display damage textures.
* Introduced new Instance Events/Animations.
* Added support for ReShade's Levels.fx.
* The Diegetic Joystick can now be toggled globally.
* Fixes to explosion lights, normal mapping and animations.
* UPDATE (Sep 2, 2022):
Version 2.0.5. Updates to the Instance Events, plus minor fixes. See this viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13992&p=187438#p187438 for more details.
* UPDATE (Sep 10, 2022):
Version 2.0.6. Custcenes can now be displayed in VR headsets. The latest TgSmush is needed for this feature.
* UPDATE (Sep 18, 2022):
* The Shields Down and Beam overlay effects are now randomized.
* Screen overlay layers now render bloom.
* Fix the wireframe display for missions without backgrounds.
* UPDATE (Sep 20, 2022):
* Additional randomization of the Shields Down and Beam overlay effects.
* Minor fixes to cutscenes (the bottom rows were previously cut off). Needs the latest TgSmush.
* Probable fix for the CreateFile2 error (this ddraw may be compatible with Win7).
* Support for the GreenAndRedForIFFColorsOnly setting in hook_tourmultiplayer.cfg.
* UPDATE (Sep 21, 2022):
* Fix for the CreateFile2 error (this ddraw may now be compatible with Win7, for real this time).
* Change wireframe_multiplayer_* to wireframe_color_* in Dynamic_Cockpit.cfg.
Thanks to @JeremyaFr we now have an experimental set of hooks that allows us to offload most of the 3D work from the CPU to the GPU. This means that almost all the 3D computations are now performed in parallel -- with a corresponding increase in performance.
You'll need to do some setup for this version. In DDraw.cfg, you'll need to add the following:
Code: Select all
; D3dRendererHookEnabled = 0 (no) or 1 (yes) D3dRendererHookEnabled = 1
Code: Select all
[hook_d3d] IsHookD3DEnabled = 0
NOTE: Please set "pose_corrected_headtracking = 0" in your CockpitLook.cfg for this version. Otherwise you might experience several display artifacts.
LINK REMOVED. Please download the latest ddraw-2.0 from the Downloads section from now on.
If you'd like to revert the changes, rename ddraw.dll to ddraw.new and then rename ddraw.old to ddraw.dll. Do the same with Hook_CockpitLook.dll.
You can't have two ddraw/Hook_CockpitLook DLLs on the same directory (even if they have different names). So it's important that the extension is changed from DLL to something else.
Finally, feel free to report any artifacts or bugs you may experience.
* Missing holographic displays while parked in the hangar in SteamVR mode.
* Very low FPS in certain situations (we're still investigating this)
* The DS2 mission is broken in VR
* DirectSBS mode is still broken