Anybody else watching Andor?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Anybody else watching Andor?

LordHelmet
Recruit

Post by LordHelmet » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:19 pm

The most recent episode had a great little moment that gave me chills as a longtime fan of the X-wing/Tie Fighter games. Like those games, I love how the show is giving us a sense of what it was like for regular non-Jedi, non-Skywalker-adjacent folks in the SW universe during the time of the Empire.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:41 pm

Only seen the first 3 Episodes so far but I totally agree. Seeing regular people without any Jedi Powers or badass Mandalorian training doing "normal" things ... it is an oddly refreshing experience from all the mystic Jedi Boogaloo.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Barraken
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Barraken » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:27 pm

I love it so far, and I get that "You ain't seen nothin' yet" feeling from it, too. It's not my style to brag, but I'm now acquainted online with the VFX producer (he was one of the Alliance pilots in the early days), and, knowing what else he's worked on (Rogue One, etc.) I'm sure he has a trick up his sleeve for us. 😁
Capt. Moggaz "Barraken" Murg
Sabre 7/Mercy 3, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant
Also serving as Wing Historian
We will find the lost!

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:58 pm

I'm loving the series. Though I feel like this would be a better binge than one at a time because of how serialized it is.

Every 3 episodes is an arc. It will also be the same with Season 2.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:40 am

Aside from the main story itself, there's various little things that's been thrown in I'm really enjoying: Bryar pistol, name-dropping the Rakatan empire, etc.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

murkz
Recruit

Post by murkz » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:37 am

Enjoying it also, feels like grown up Star Wars. Great acting and cast, pretty good storyline.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:22 am

Agreed Star Wars for grown ups... finally, seeing how the Imperial goverment works... ;)

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:52 am

Brilliant writing. Closest thing to real life. Every episode gets better.
EDIT: Off topic, got me to thinking there is talk the character Kyle Katan from Dark Forces game series may be shown on TV series, perhaps in the Ashoka or Mando series. To keep his story true, what if he stole the designs of the "second death star" at Endor with help from the Bothan spies and he delivered to the Rebel Alliance. As I recall the first DF game doesn't really specify "which" death star his mission ensued. He could have is own back story TV series from this game and then merge with Skywalker in present Mando shows. etc. :-)
Last edited by Bman on Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Gringlas
XWAU Member

Post by Gringlas » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:44 am

Very good show so far, as I've expected it to be when it was first announced. As a big fan of the West End Games Roleplaying game and the 90's expanded universe, it catches the spirit of Star Wars as I think and feel about it ver well.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:13 am

Bman wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:52 am
EDIT: Off topic, got me to thinking there is talk the character Kyle Katan from Dark Forces game series may be shown on TV series, perhaps in the Ashoka or Mando series. To keep his story true, what if he stole the designs of the "second death star" at Endor with help from the Bothan spies and he delivered to the Rebel Alliance. As I recall the first DF game doesn't really specify "which" death star his mission ensued. He could have is own back story TV series from this game and then merge with Skywalker in present Mando shows. etc. :-)
I fell like they wanted to do that in "Rogue One" and it didn't quite work out for whatever reason. Jyn Erso vs Jan Ors?
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Talaris
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Talaris » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:24 am

Always look forward to Wednesday because of this show. In my opinion it's the best Star Wars TV show to date.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:49 pm

So my wife and I were watching Ep 7, and we had to laugh at the arrest records. The first one, when they're talking about walking a mastiff off-leash and sentenced for 4 months, the card actually is for vandalism with a 5 year sentence, name is probably a family member of the set PA.
The second one, for all of the trumped up charges and the six year sentence, was for being Force sensitive and assaulting an officer with a 25 year sentence, and the name on the ticket was one of the series concept artists :P

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:11 pm

Heh lovely easter eggs :)
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Gringlas
XWAU Member

Post by Gringlas » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:32 am

This show is getting better every episode. Since Mr Robot there hasn't been so much suspension in a TV show for me. And it has the exact right amount of Star Wars to it, maybe a bit more aliens would be nice. Looking forward for the last episode.