Minor HUD-Problems ( Y-Wing)

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Minor HUD-Problems ( Y-Wing)

Starman©
Recruit

Post by Starman© » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:05 pm

Hi there,

it so great to see what you people achived with this project, thank you so much :)

I play in 1920 x 1080, and I have a minor problem with the y-wing cockpit, and the HUD-Elements in particular. I honestly do not know if it's related to "dynamic cockpits", because changing the setting from inactive to active doesn't change anything ingame. Not sure how the other fighters are.

In the y-wing cockpit, the two large textboxes left and right, and the target box in the middle are a bit off the screen, so maybe a third of the screen is below the visual screen. In the hangar, i can move the head down to see the screens, but in flight, that makes targeting a bit bad. Disabling cockpit removes all hud elements entirely. Some other elements are strechted and hardly readable (speed gauge i.e)

Is the old simple 2D Cockpit still availabe (also I'm not really a friend of the wireframe target display). I tried moving the elements myself, but no luck within the dynamic cockpit files.

Am I missing a settings how to turn off / on the new cockpits ? Would appreciate some information, or maybe a hint how I can move the y-wing hud elements a bit upwards.

m0rgg
XWAU Member

Post by m0rgg » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:36 am

Hello Starman,
You can press D while in flight to toggle between Dynamic Cockpit and classic HUD.

Can you post a screenshot of the issue? The displays in the dynamic cockpit can get out of the screen depending on the configured FOV and camera PoV.

Starman©
Recruit

Post by Starman© » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:50 pm

Thanks for your answer :) So happy it can be switched off, it would be game breaking for me since all craft are affected. Worst part, if you disable cockpit everything but the crosshair vanishes, leaving you technically blind (no radar etc.).

The results vary, with Z-95 definitly looking the best, it would be great if everything would be this way, though that might not be possible to the cockpit shape. Z-95 only has the shield load status unreadable. Some are missing the textboxes completly

Here are some images I have taken. I use the standard FOV settings from the game (gog-version) as it comes installed, with resolution set to 1920x1080 (16:9). I will upload the images in a few minutes, have to search a webspace for it first.
Last edited by Starman© on Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Starman©
Recruit

Post by Starman© » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:51 pm

Here are the images as attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Starman©
Recruit

Post by Starman© » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:52 pm

tbc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Starman©
Recruit

Post by Starman© » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:22 pm

I just read in the dc-files that I can switch FOV with CTRL-F.... That actually fixes the text box problems mostly, however some target view text, and the speed gauge / ammo count is not readable that way, text is too small for normal non-vr play.... I#m sure you can sort it out :) I'm gonna play now. It's been a decade since I enjoyed that game the last time ;)