BUG in Battle 5 - Mission 3 "Break Emon Out of Brig"

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

BUG in Battle 5 - Mission 3 "Break Emon Out of Brig"

potentesciamano
Cadet 4th Class

Post by potentesciamano » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:50 am

Hello to everyone and Happy New Year!

I am experiencing this odd bug in Battle 5: Mustering the Fleet - Mission 3: Break Emon Out of Brig (Family Mission).

When the mission starts, in the hangar, all textures are fine and also after the launch of the Otana until the jump to hyperspace.

When I got out of hyperspace, in the area where there are all the containers to inspect to find the bomb, all texture are missing (black), including the cockpit.

But, after having found and retrieved the bomb container and after the second hyper jump to the Quesna base, the all textures come back.

Looks like the problem is only affects the first area.

Here are a couple pictures.

Thanks to all for your help and extraordinary work!

Andrea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:28 pm

Hello,
Maybe there is a missing light in one area of this mission.

potentesciamano
Cadet 4th Class

Post by potentesciamano » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:50 pm

Hello.

Thanks for the reply. I am experiencing the same issue in Battle 5 - Mission 4 "Protect Smuggler Retreat", but this time the texture are missing for the whole mission.

There are textures only during the hyperspace jump, for all the rest it is all black.

On the other hand, Battle 5 - Mission 5 "Rescue Smugglers" worls perfectly.

Andrea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:58 pm

Try using Babu Friks Configurator and reset your graphics.
You may have turned something off by accident
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

potentesciamano
Cadet 4th Class

Post by potentesciamano » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:32 pm

Hello!

Thanks Ace for your suggestion. I tried to reset all defaults wit Babu Frik's Configurator, but nothing changed. All textrures remain black/missing.

I had the same bug also at the beginning of Battle 6 - Mission 1 "Meet with Bothan Delegation". But only just outside the hangar, while going to the first Nav Buoy. Then, for the rest of the mission, all textures are fine.

I also tried to replay all these mission in the simulator, but nothing changed. I found all the texture bugs every time in the same positions.

Thanks.

Andrea

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:20 pm

potentesciamano wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:32 pm
Hello!

Thanks Ace for your suggestion. I tried to reset all defaults wit Babu Frik's Configurator, but nothing changed. All textrures remain black/missing.

I had the same bug also at the beginning of Battle 6 - Mission 1 "Meet with Bothan Delegation". But only just outside the hangar, while going to the first Nav Buoy. Then, for the rest of the mission, all textures are fine.

I also tried to replay all these mission in the simulator, but nothing changed. I found all the texture bugs every time in the same positions.

Thanks.

Andrea
Best option now is to backup your pilot files and reinstall XWA
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

potentesciamano
Cadet 4th Class

Post by potentesciamano » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:03 pm

Hello Ace,

thanks for your help. I think I will keep it as it is for a while. I only have 7 mission to complete to finish the game.

On the other hand, I have in program to play the "Total Conversion" after finishing the original version, so I will follow what you advice and make a brand new install.

Thanks for you support and help!

Andrea