Planets or Galaxies shift their position when moving the ship + Briefing Map icons cut

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Planets or Galaxies shift their position when moving the ship + Briefing Map icons cut

SkywalkerXF
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SkywalkerXF » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:37 pm

Hi guys!

Thank you very much for all the hard work in all of this! I read that you cant take any gifts from fans/supporters to be able to continue this journey :/ , otherwise a donation would be the least!

I have currently two problems:

When playing (despite a high resoultion) Planets, or the background in general moves or jumps around, is there any fix for this?

The map icons in the briefing sequences: Is it possible to use the Original ones rather than the fixed/or alternate ones, since when I let it unchanged, the icons appear cut in a half.

Any help appreciated!

best regards!

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Hello,

Which version of the game do you use? GoG, Steam, CD?
In which directory is XWA installed?
In which language? Is there a "XWA.TAB" file in the game directory?

SkywalkerXF
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SkywalkerXF » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:46 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:07 pm
Hello,

Hi!

I am using the GoG Version (I also have the Steam, but this is the GOG version)
Its on my 2nd SSD Drive in D:\GOG Games\X-Wing Alliance

German language, and there are 2 Files with the name Xwa.tab --> one in the E:\GOG Games\X-Wing Alliance and one in the : D:\GOG Games\Star Wars - X-Wing Alliance\TotalConverter\XWAU

Is it usually to have 2 Files?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:50 pm

SkywalkerXF wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:46 pm
JeremyaFr wrote:
Hello,

Hi!

German language, and there are 2 Files with the name Xwa.tab --> one in the E:\GOG Games\X-Wing Alliance and one in the : D:\GOG Games\Star Wars - X-Wing Alliance\TotalConverter\XWAU

Use Babu Friks Configurator from the launcher.
You can use that to select the German language.

This ONLY works for XWAU. TFTC is English supported only and you will likely get some issues with other languages or mods
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

SkywalkerXF
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SkywalkerXF » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:45 pm

Will this solve the Shifting Objects too?

SkywalkerXF
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SkywalkerXF » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:01 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:50 pm
SkywalkerXF wrote:
JeremyaFr wrote:
Hello,

Hi!

This ONLY works for XWAU. TFTC is English supported only and you will likely get some issues with other languages or mods
I think the Map icons are fixed - at least for now. Thank you very much!

I dont know if this is the right place, but is there a possibility to bring the Original Briefing icons in this Mod? Can I copy them from a fresh (Original) installation?

Plus is there any possibility to use the Original Personal Cabine objects like Posters etc.?

Thanks again for your time and help!

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:14 pm

SkywalkerXF wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:01 pm
Ace Antilles wrote:
SkywalkerXF wrote:

Hi!

I dont know if this is the right place, but is there a possibility to bring the Original Briefing icons in this Mod? Can I copy them from a fresh (Original) installation?

Plus is there any possibility to use the Original Personal Cabine objects like Posters etc.?

Yes, you can restore the CBM and DAT files to use the original images. It depends on what exactly you need. I suggest to download the Tools Downloader and get the tools from from JeremyaFr. Then play around with the XwaCbmExplorer and XwaDatExplorer to find which images you want to replace and restore the respective files. (Or use the Editors to replace individual images)
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

SkywalkerXF
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SkywalkerXF » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:10 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:14 pm
SkywalkerXF wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:01 pm
Ace Antilles wrote:

Yes, you can restore the CBM and DAT files to use the original images. It depends on what exactly you need. I suggest to download the Tools Downloader and get the tools from from JeremyaFr. Then play around with the XwaCbmExplorer and XwaDatExplorer to find which images you want to replace and restore the respective files. (Or use the Editors to replace individual images)

Thank you very much!

I managed to replace it and it was actually a lot of fun!

I still have the problem with the shifting Objects (like jumping of Planets , its very annoying)

2 more things:

Why does ships like the A Wing say I have S foils, you even can hear the sound when leaving the hangar?
In the Family Room I replaced some of the objects with the Original Ones, but it still shows me the Modded one until I click on them and the Original ones appear? Which file do I have ti import here, or what is the solution in general?

Thank you for all your help!

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:48 am

The A-Wing has a landing gear, this is what you hear when you leave the hangar. This is a new feature we added. Which reminds me that I need to add that into the video and screenshots of it.

As for the family room, I am assuming you are talking about the items shown just in the room and then the detailed images when you select them? Those are stored in different files, I cannot check right now, but I think the ones in the room are in dat files and not in cbm Files. So try looking through the resdata files, also be aware that we have our own frontend files in some cases with an addedv _XWAU to the name, so you need to replace the images in those. Simply moving the dat files back won't work in those cases.

SkywalkerXF
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SkywalkerXF » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:54 pm

Thank you very much!

The biggest issue is still the jumping of objects in the background like planets whenever the ship is moved.

Is there a fix for this? I would say 85 - 90 % of the time this bug is persistent, unless the FPS drops (maybe?) then its slow but the background more or less stays in its position.

SkywalkerXF
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SkywalkerXF » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:50 pm

Could the problem be hardware related, rather than the Mod itself? Did this occur ever to anyone else?

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:48 pm

What exactly do you mean with the jumping? There is a known issue where the background jitters, but that's just a few pixels. (And unfortunately we do not have a fix for this yet)

SkywalkerXF
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SkywalkerXF » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:15 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:48 pm
What exactly do you mean with the jumping? There is a known issue where the background jitters, but that's just a few pixels. (And unfortunately we do not have a fix for this yet)

Lets say we have a Planet in the background, now when I move the ship with the Joystick it seems as the planet is jumping/shifting in some directions. This happens with Galaxies, or even the tiny white dots (Stars), very often also Objects move (e.g. Star Destroyers). It feels like they are jumping in some directions.