Family/Rebel Missions Progressing Quickly

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Family/Rebel Missions Progressing Quickly

PilotGuy96
Recruit

Post by PilotGuy96 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:16 am

When playing through the first 8 family missions and first 2 rebel missions, I've had some strange issues with the mission progression. It seems like things are moving too quickly. Oftentimes, when I jump into an area, the actor will already have completed their actions: for example, in the first alliance qualification missions, when I jump to the 1v1 TIE fighter fight, the TIE fighter is already flying by the time I get there and Olin quickly cycles through his dialogue on what he wants me to do. When I jump into the second area with TIE Interceptors, he is often already killing them by the time I arrive. Another example is in the first real strike mission with the rebellion, once I jumped from the Defiance into the strike area, most of the X-Wings had already engaged with the enemy by the time I arrived. There are smaller quirks too, again with characters speaking through all of their prompts at once and mission objectives being completed before I have a chance to do anything. Is this a known issue, and can anyone help with this? It's frustrating because it seems like the game is out of order. For what its worth, the game is installed in my steam library on my D: drive.
Thanks, both for any help and setting up this awesome mod.

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:57 am

That's an odd one.

What sort of hard drive are you using? Is it an HDD or an SSD?

I run mine on an SSD, and I've noticed some hitching. Changing camera angles in the hangar, for example, can take a few seconds and then everything speeds up to catch up. Not game breaking but not ideal. I could imagine things might be worse on an HDD.

Are you getting any noticeable hanging? The game seeming to pause for a few seconds? I'm thinking on leaving the hangar or entering/exiting hyperspace.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Erd
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Erd » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:29 am

This has always been a problem with the starfighter evaluation mission since the game was released but usually you see it in the final area. You'd hyper in and the 8 x-wings in the system will have already destroyed all the TIE Fighters. I think this mission may have been patched to fix this?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:26 pm

There's a speed up time setting now in game.
You haven't by accident accelerated time by having that turned on?
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

PilotGuy96
Recruit

Post by PilotGuy96 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:14 pm

Thanks for all the replies, the game is currently installed on a HDD (my D:) but I'm going to see if moving it to the C: (a SSD) will be any better. I do get random hangups a lot of the time, especially when new sounds play (like the first time i adjust my shields will have a hangup as the sound file plays) and in the beginning of missions. Also, I was not aware of a speed up option, how do I access it? It's pretty inconsistent so I don't think that's the case but I'll check just to make sure.
So I moved the game over to my SSD (and updated it to the latest version), and the problem seems to persist, but now there's a new problem, every time I complete or try to exit a mission, the game crashes. Is this a common issue?